Leopardo 2E TC Vision Blocks

Hackworth

the one to the 6 o'clock shows up black both in F1 and F4 TC view. please see the attached jpg. not sure if it's a bug, but it is what it is... is that a vision block?

beautiful position that TC spot on the 2E, most excellent :biggrin:

EDIT: one more thing. this may not be a bug so much as just updates, hell, i like part of it. the M113 OMPV now seems to function as an arty FO -- excellent! what good is a command post that cannot call arty... anyway, i also noticed that the old venerable M113 FO now shows up as the OMPV. I know it's not that big of a deal since i assume the idea is to purge the old models and textures from the current verstion. but, i really like the old M113 FO Bundeswehr style ;) i was really hoping to see a new model for the BeobPzArt with an extendable mast peri eventually. nothing cooler than drinking a pepsi on the other side of a hill from the crap...you know...lending dignity to what would otherwise be considered a brawl. 21st century style.

What other vehilces are considered "FO"s now? I saw the MT-LB FO, another killer addition ;)

SS_21_25_11.jpg.fd7072f1dcbaad26af3d21b1

SS_21_25_11.jpg.fd7072f1dcbaad26af3d21b1

The vision blocks are 'open' type, with an upper and lower mirror, but some gap in between - the rear vision block is blocked by the hatch when it is slid back, passing between the upper and lower mirrors… try buttoning up to use it.

Other FOOs, include a dismounted FO - much more 'sneaky' than a hulking big vehicle…

UAV would count as well.

• Moderators
the one to the 6 o'clock shows up black both in F1 and F4 TC view. please see the attached jpg. not sure if it's a bug, but it is what it is... is that a vision block?

The black vision block is a feature. Try closing the hatch with the B button. When the hatch is slid open, it obstructs the vision block (it slides over the rear). Don't feel bad though, I thought it was a bug myself a long while back until I closed the hatch and figured it out. ;)

EDIT: one more thing. this may not be a bug so much as just updates, hell, i like part of it. the M113 OMPV now seems to function as an arty FO -- excellent! what good is a command post that cannot call arty... anyway, i also noticed that the old venerable M113 FO now shows up as the OMPV. I know it's not that big of a deal since i assume the idea is to purge the old models and textures from the current verstion. but, i really like the old M113 FO Bundeswehr style :wink: i was really hoping to see a new model for the BeobPzArt with an extendable mast peri eventually. nothing cooler than drinking a pepsi on the other side of a hill from the crap...you know...lending dignity to what would otherwise be considered a brawl. 21st century style.

What other vehilces are considered "FO"s now? I saw the MT-LB FO, another killer addition :wink:

Right, that old M113 FO battlezone type model was intentionally replaced with the OMPV to act as an alternative to the FISTV. The MT-LB FO is another FO type vehicle. The FO team (infantry) and the UAV also are classified as FO vehicles.

• Moderators
The vision blocks are 'open' type, with an upper and lower mirror, but some gap in between - the rear vision block is blocked by the hatch when it is slid back, passing between the upper and lower mirrors… try buttoning up to use it.

Other FOOs, include a dismounted FO - much more 'sneaky' than a hulking big vehicle…

UAV would count as well.

LOL, we must have been typing at the same time. :biggrin:

i love this sim :biggrin:

thanks guys.

p.s. lol, he said, "battlezone type" model... rofl.

p.s.s. does this mean no BeobPzArt in our future ever? well, as close as ever as we could commit too? ;) i just think that thing is killer for some reason. like i said, always wanted to use that peri over hills, ridges, buildings, the red barn, other players' vehicles, etc.