Nasiriyah - FUBAR

daskal

Thanks for the link.

I'm in the office right now and can't activate the sound of the video.

I don't like the line of thought of the Youtube poster or the people who commented there, though.

The US Marine Corps fight not with what they want but with what is given to them.

The pass through Nasiriyah was planned months before its execution. There was no way to bypass Nasiriyah without compromising the momentum required for the operation. Did the poster at Youtube even cared to check how tight the timetable for the Marines advance was?

The bog-downs were at an open sewer at the east of Nasiriyah, not on the main road as shown in the video.

For a detailed description of the events that happened in Nasiriyah, please read "Ambush Alley" or "Marines in the Garden of Eden".

Cheers,

EDIT: I just saw the main page for the channel of the youtube video poster. Nevermind ...:heu:

if it makes you feel better Daskal, the commander of the 2nd RCT was canned for losing his momentum there. ;)

El Chacho, never fear. Civilians tend to be idiots about anything involving military matters. they don't understand anything about planning or carrying out operations, logistics, etc.

yea, i bet that guy refers to the M113 as the "Gavin" insulting one of my favorite generals.

if it makes you feel better Daskal, the commander of the 2nd RCT was canned for losing his momentum there. ;)

El Chacho, never fear. Civilians tend to be idiots about anything involving military matters. they don't understand anything about planning or carrying out operations, logistics, etc.

Huh?

This guy is a either Sparky himself or another sparky-ist. His links in the descriptions go to sights full of improbable military theory and m-113 "gavinist" hype. What a dumb arse. After reading the descriptions and the comments of his lackeys(i presume thinking replys were deleted) i decided to forgo the vids.

Mog

Nothing to see there, really. Mishaps, wrong turn, and ambush, and idiots commenting according to their C&C experience.

I know I haven't been around for a while, but WTF is Sparky, and what's his story?

Edited by NEpi
forgot an "and"

So, he's the #1 armored mega-troll. nice!

At some point I was thinking about registering as TheGavin as a joke, but I guess it will irritate too many people that were already exposed to lethal levels of BullSparky.

Nothing to see there, really. Mishaps, wrong turn, and ambush, and idiots commenting according to their C&C experience.

I know I haven't been around for a while, but WTF is Sparky, and what's his story?

Welcome back!!:biggrin:

• Members

Sparky also has a night time job as a TankNet punching ball. In the past the problem was that there was at least now and then a grain of truth in some of his suggestions, but he's become less and less connected to reality over the past three or four years. In the past some have categorized him as a mere troll - I doubt that most who know him today would be so kind in their judgement anymore.