Ardennes Assault - Public Beta

stalintc

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone would be so kind as to put this Multiplayer Head to Head scenario a whirl for me?!

This is my very first SB scenario, so I am expecting it is likely there will be many problems with it, that I myself would not be aware of from the get go. However I have done my best to use common sense when putting it together.

This is a concept of WWII and is a totally hypothetical scenario set on hypothetical ardennes style terrain. all electronic systems will be out, the only way to aim is with the GAS!!

The idea is that an american mixed mechanised and armoured task force attacks a numerically inferior axis defence.

Force structure is as follows:

Blue:

8 Platoons of Leo 1A5DK - Representing Shermans

8 Platoons of M113A3 - Representing M3 Halftracks

4 CO units of HUMVEE - Representing the CO's jeeps with .50cal

12 tubes of 120mm Mortar HE and Smoke

Red:

4 Platoons of Leo 2A4 - Representing PzIV's

4 Platoons of M113AS4 - Representing 232's and Hanomags (not a great match but best I can do :S)

1 Platoon of M1A1 - Representing STUGIII's (Gentlemens honour required in not using the turret traverse.... If this is rubbish I will remove it)

2 CO units of Mercedes jeep - Representing Kublewagons

Various infantry and HMG support units with bunker emplacments

12 tubes of Nebelwerfer HE and Smoke

Best thing is use your imagination a little, if you cant this scenario is not for you :biggrin:

Please do let me know what you think, and if you can suggest anything from looking at the scenario editor that I missed. It would be gratefully recieved as this is a first shot at SB mission building....

EDIT uploaded new file... major problem in that the first had no disabled turret drive for blue :o

56e83c6361d9a_Ardennesassault_rar.55aa1f

Ardennes assault.rar

;147394']Sounds like fun although im not sure how many players out there that can handle a task force.

Hey Panzer,

Yeah that was the idea just a bit of fun, like a kick around with a football at the park with a few mates :biggrin:

I do agree though there are rather alot of units to handle especially for blue, I might tone this down once ive had some feedback on it, but that said this is only really a test to see if a scenario like this could be fun to play.

Point taken mate.

Cheers!

I just noticed a little oddity which may or may not become disruptive...

But just to be aware, your AI in the Leo's may attempt to reload the extra round in the ready rack at the start, in which case they will start to manually swing the turret to the rear like they would normally do, however this take alot more time do to the fact that the turret drives are out.

It might be worth either taking this into account when the scenario starts, or tell them to stop reloading and swing the turret back to 12. Not sure if this will be a game killer, but one can only tell through trying it out :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...