Bumpiness test scenario

rump

Hi all,

I've just uploaded a scenario (BumpV1.zip) to test bumpiness settings in 2.460 (including map and theme file) to the single player section.

Here's the 'briefing':

Bump test woodland.sce

Steel Beast Pro PE 2.460 Bumpiness test scenario. v1.0 06 may 2009

Scenario to test the effect of the new bumpiness setting in the map theme.

Map name: Bump-WL.ter

Theme name: Bump-WL.thm (Based on the woodland theme)

Settings applied (these settings are not in any way default to SB. I've set these settings myself, based on my interpetation of the info found in the forum. They could be, and probally are, way off. In any case, it at least gives you an impression of how bumpiness works):

0 Dirt 20%

2 Sand 45%

9 Scrub 35%

12 Heath 35%

8 Field 10%

6 Field 15%

Woods1 con. 60%

1 Grass 10%

4 Gravel 40%

11 Chalk 70%

13 Grass 15%

7 Field 20%

10 Field 25%

5 Bog 20 %

Woods 2 dec. 55%

No other settings have been changed.

To adjust these settings, open the map in the map editor, and choose 'edit' under 'theme'.

Performing the test:

There are 15 types of terrain on the map. Just below the patch of terrain (about 3 KM long) there are two highways (about 1 KM long). On the bottom of each highway there's a vehicle.

On the left highway: Leo2a4 (all in A Company)

On the right highway: ASLAV-25 (all in B Company)

Hit Trigger 1 (Shift+1) to start them on their routes (march, full speed).

Both vehicles have the driver position (F9) available, so you can see the actual speed the vehicle is going.

Check the TC position (F7) to see how much your vehicle 'bumps'.

In every patch of terrain there's also a squad of infantry, to see the effects on them (all in C Company)

To get a helikopter view of what's going on there are 4 Griffions on the map (all in P Company)

Hope this is of any actual use,

Rump

I've something similar, and this type of mission is pretty useful.

I use 1km blocks of terrain on a N/S alignment, with rivers running N/S, and can test multiple different vehicle speeds (by time over each block) and the speed and trafficability of amphibious vehicles, but choosing to route N/S or E/W (or both).

I'll take a looksee at what you've got, and maybe throw up my (much bumpier/slower) theme just for fun - still playing with ground cover and a few of the slower terrain types.

I've something similar, and this type of mission is pretty useful.

-snip-

still playing with ground cover and a few of the slower terrain types.

My scenario is just flat terrain, no ground cover (well, except for woods), no water, no rocks and no elevation. Trying to single out one variable at a time...

@Hackworth: it's complicated indeed. That's why it's maybe handy if we have a standard set of themes. Maybe saves at least some hours... (and I don't even make maps!)

-Rump