new First Scenario...AustrianFireBrigade

KAreil

Hi all!

Just getting started with the scenario editor and I've got some questions...

1. Is it possible to create IVFs without their infantry onboard?

2. How can I make a "realistic" attack from RedForce in the editor? If I just tell them to attack they will stubbornly move towards their objective instead of using terrain and fighting the blue resistance...

3. Why does enemy infantry try to shoot me through buildings and is killing itself that way?

4. Attached is the first version of my first little scenario...I would really appreciate if someone would like to try it and tell me what he thinks about it!

Greetings from Austria and good night!

KAreil

AustrianFirebrigade_v1.0_rar.33eac2495ee

AustrianFirebrigade_v1.0.rar

If you make you PC's either CO or XO, they won't have any troops with them.

Scripting the red side's AI is an art form in itself. Use lots of different conditioned routes like Dark said. It really depends on how intricate you want to get, but even basic scripting can take you a long time to do.

For some strange reason even if you create a vehicle with infantry and you select on the damage menu the infnatry as damaged, the infantry just shows up real fresh and combat ready at least on the Pizarro/Ulan.

That is too bad because would be the way to remove the infantry the same way you remove the driver or the gunner.. :confused:

That is too bad because would be the way to remove the infantry the same way you remove the driver or the gunner.. :confused:

it's kind of cheesy as far as aesthetics go, but you can make any unit an XO or CO and it will not have infantry ;)

• Members
1. Is it possible to create IVFs without their infantry onboard?

No. Not yet. Come back in about 12 months, we should have it by then. Hopefully.

2. How can I make a "realistic" attack from RedForce in the editor?

My recommendation is to start with a stupid, linear attack where no route leg is longer than, say 500 to 700m. You can then see how it works if there is no meaningful resistance by blue. Once that it works, add conditions, and alternate routes. You could even have three basic "stupid" attack routes, eventually from different starting locations (use the Jump, if... condition on each platoon's first route, so the will be at mission start on the map at the end of each route). Then identify poits of resistance, critical terrain (where you would need covert movement; if you don't have that type of terrain, time to plan for an artillery strike with smoke). Program branching routes from waypoints in the vicinity, give them the necessary conditions, test again to see if it works. After a while you'll develop a sense and method for mission design.

Start small. Have a blue platoon with artillery observer defend against no more than a company. Then, eventually expand BluFor with another platoon or two. If you start overambitious you'll end with a lot of frustration due to the growth of complexity that will eventually overwhelm you.

3. Why does enemy infantry try to shoot me through buildings and is killing itself that way?

A bug. Will be fixed with the next update.