A Great Game Wasted

Guest NiceButDim

Guest NiceButDim

A really super game you have here, sadly flawed, Multiplayer is really only for the Hardcore Gamers who embrace this game, not for a Casual Gamer like me, trying to find a game online using IP and Clans is like a step back into the Stone age i think. This is the first game i ever got and still not had a game online, its just too much trouble, take Warcraft 3 i played that online before i even bothered with the Computer cause its one f the best ways of playing online ive seeno any game so slick battle 1942 isanthe oe

Sadly most Tank Sims seem to stick Muttliplaye as an aferthought nota game for someoe who finds clans and IP you too much boher, i expect themakes think i you can figure out how to lern the game, IP and such like wont be too much touble for you

Guest Wargamer

I don't think you've put much effort into learning this game if you haven't been able to try multiplayer yet. I just had several LONG multiplayer games, my 2nd and 3rd multiplayer games I've ever done. I had no problem finding people to play with and everyone seemed to be pretty helpfull, especially Bandit (Cheers for the game man)

The multiplayer was GREAT, we played for almost 2 hours, there was no lag, and I learned a lot more in that 2 hours than I have doing the tutorials. Mainly situational awareness. While I'm still not very good I'm better than I was before.

You're the first person I've seen that DOESN'T like the multiplayer in SB, but I can assure you it did NOT take a back seat to anything else and it has been done quite well. Perhaps you should find someone in the SB chat to help you get started.

Guest NiceButDim

Im sure Mutilplyer is geat i never said i didnt like it, just cant get a game, the point im making is its so much trouble to get a game, cause ive been spolied with compamies who spend some time and money setting up servers for there games, here your on your own, IP if i had known this, would never had got the game.

Hi NBD

I think that is too soon to quit on this one. I think that even among wargamers, tanking is a branch not enjoyed easily by everyone. You might find other branchs more appealing. In you post you refer to tanksims as a separate bread.

Nowadays is specially difficult to adapt to the game as a newbie. I think is harder now to be a newbie than it was when I got the game. Today there are so many players that have a high skill. Is not that there were not before, is just that today are far more. I don't think that today the gaming is dominated by a single person, or a couple persons alone. Now in each game you will find acomplished players.

So I only can suggest to be patient. Once you become familiar with SB interface and when you become inmersed in the virtual battlefield you will enjoy it whole lot. If you are posting this thread I think is because you want to be convinced otherwise. There is something into this game that made you post this thread.

I am far from being a computer expert, still I manage to join games and most of the time i solve the troubles i find or, usually, someone tells me how. If you are patient enough and have available time, you will find ppl who will help you in any issue, be it sb's interface or gaming.

We are not the average pc gamers, and even in the wargaming comunity, the SB comunity is a special bread. Some of us dont play any other game than this.

Joining multiplayer is not as difficult as you mention in your post, if it was I would surely not being playing. I am not computer literate and I am not even US person. I am mexican, and barely understand spoken Eng, sometimes not even typed :D

I don't think i saw you in the chat place. And chat was very crowded today.

I suggest you to reconsider your decision and if you however find that you dont like it, it could not only be that you dont like the game, but that you dont like tanks at all, and that is not bad. If you like this game is because you definately like tanks. Not everybody likes them. I guess most ppl think we are freaks:) We are different definately.

Good luck, hope you decide to stay.

HG

Im sure Mutilplyer is geat i never said i didnt like it, just cant get a game, the point im making is its so much trouble to get a game, cause ive been spolied with compamies who spend some time and money setting up servers for there games, here your on your own, IP if i had known this, would never had got the game.

eSim Games has only one programmer, Al Delaney, and Ssnake, the technical director. I am sure they haven't had the time nor the resources to set up a server.

Have you tried the SB chatroom? Usually there you can usually find a game within 10 minutes of logging in, unless its late at night.

• Members

We have identified the process to find MP mates and setting up the games as too complicated for many, and will take steps to remedy this situation with SB2.

I should however mention that with the limited personnel and financial capacity of eSim's we simply are not in a position to rent and set up servers. This also is a dire consequence of the fact that the customer base (people interested in tank simulations) is very, very small. Flight simulations are considered a niche market. For every tank simmer there are at least ten flight simmers, so you can imagine that a company making a flight sim will make at least five times as much money as we do and therefore can invest in some servers to support their customers.

• Administrators

Exactly what do you have in mind? I know someone who owns a server that might be willing to host something. It depends on how much bandwidth it eats (shouldnt be much)

We have identified the process to find MP mates and setting up the games as too complicated for many, and will take steps to remedy this situation with SB2.

I should however mention that with the limited personnel and financial capacity of eSim's we simply are not in a position to rent and set up servers. This also is a dire consequence of the fact that the customer base (people interested in tank simulations) is very, very small. Flight simulations are considered a niche market. For every tank simmer there are at least ten flight simmers, so you can imagine that a company making a flight sim will make at least five times as much money as we do and therefore can invest in some servers to support their customers.

Guest Hertston

I'm guessing you have just picked up the new "box" release in the UK ?

At the end of the day Nicebutdim, SB is a three year old game - things have moved on a lot in multiplay in that time. People are still playing because they accept that, but can put up with it (together with dated graphics and such) because of the inherent quality of the product. There just isn't anything else out there that does what SB does - until SB 2 comes along.

Maybe an equivalent of Blizzard's Battlenet is a bit much to hope for (running something like that ain't cheap, and SB2 won't sell like Diablo 2 or Warcraft 3), but hopefully SB 2 will have Gamespy support or similar. Any news on that, Ssnake, beyond what you have already said ?

P.S All Seeing Eye support would be good too - much better than Gamespy.

• 9 years later...
Force that I am unaware of, don't understand and can't control?

Excellent!:biggrin: Should I add 'Chief Necromancer' to my sig block?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Zombie Forum threads!!!

I think it should replace the "Member" part.

Kinda like how Shotski is "Mr Awesome"

Now I'm off to find a thread from 2001!

Now it is all starting to make sense. This is a Zombie Thread, as Hedge says. A thread that refused to die despite reaching the end of its life. It has been Lurking at the Threshold of the forum waiting for a naive and uninitiated person to come along and breath new life into it. Which has happened.

Good luck in your quest Hedge, but be careful. I'm told that some of those old threads are malicious and powerful enough to revive old enmities and spread chaos. Muhaha. :diable: