SB Pro PE performance with various grahics cards

Ssnake

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The 250 GTS is a refurbished 9800 which itself is a remodeled 8800. Performance wise it can be placed between the Radeon 4850 and 4870. In short - no objections, it's a solid design for an OK price. You may want to keep your eyes open however if ATi might not offer a 4870 for the same price, or a 4850 for considerably less than the GeForce 250 costs, IOW better bang for the buck.

Gibsonm,

The GTS250 is good as a dedicated physx card, but if you're willing to spend a little more then i'd recommend the ATI 5850

Check out http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=193_934 and see how you go

Given you're setting up quite a decent little system, it may be beneficial to you to add 150-200 bucks on a better graphics card to kick it along.

Good luck, have fun

Thanks, but that doesn’t tell me anything about my proposed configuration.

You don’t even mention which graphics card you have (which is the topic of the thread and the reason for my posting my question here) so the response is I’m afraid just white noise to me.

Sorry forgot to put that in, the wife was calling me!

anyway it is a..... Nvidia GTS250DK with 1Gb ram

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings all,

Ref your proposed setup.

I'm currently running a similar system: ASUS P7P55D Pro with an i5 2.66GHz OC to 3GHz, 4Gb Ram, and 2 x GTS 250OC (1 at 512 and other at 1Gb, use the 512 for a dedicated physx card), Win 7 32bit. and no problems with anything ever. Vid drivers ver. 258.96 and Directx Jun2010.

I may upgrade to the 64 bit system, for the extra graphics improvments that the 64bit system brings. But have to wait for everything I have installed to get the 64bit drivers avail. Also the 64bit system can use up to 16Gb of Ram on my system.

So you shouldn't have any problems running this Sim.

All for now ... 9erRed

• 4 weeks later...
Any issues with SB or other games? What type of power supply are you using?

I have an early XFX HD-597A-CNB9, (ATI reference), card. Initally, I had some issues in Win7 x64 with some titles, (not SB, BFBC2 Corrupt textures.) WinXP was fine.

Since Q2 of this year, I can't think of any.

I'm using a HX1000, but I also ran it using an 2 year old Antec Quattro 1000.

Any issues with SB or other games? What type of power supply are you using?

Running it on a 750w Lian Li Silent.. err. something Pro

No issues until recently; the issue is a red line around the edge of the screen with arma 2/ arma OA/BAF. The rest is fine.

Oh yeah, i thought one of my cores was dead once... but i'd disabled catalyst AI somehow. So check that if you think you have a dead core.

Edited by digital_steve
i r guud spellzr

• 5 months later...
ok, playing with the sliders does not do much in fps.

i installed catalyst 10.7, now i have a constant framerate even in hughe battles.

not drops anymore, very playable.

maybe the drivers were not installed or configured propably. i don't know.

yesterday i solved my problem with high-end-machine stuttering...

it was a faulty installed creative x-fi driver...

anyway, now i use an asus xonar and the frames do not drop below 30 during hughe battles.

*happy*

... maybe reinstalling the driver should have solved it, too but i heard a xonar on my friends rig and it totally blew me away ;)

Edited by Marder
60 is not true :)

What about 2 GTX 580 Supercloaked, will it run smoothhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhly? :diable:

The answer is: "no!"

If your 2 GTX 580 are cloaked they cannot act.

And if you run your 2 uncloaked NVIDIA together with a "Creative X-Fi" your FPS can drop below 10 during fights with alot of sounds :)

Well the GTS250DK died on me and I've replaced it with a single Asus GTX580, the motherboard dosn't support SLI so no point in getting 2 of them :)

Running at 1080p (1920x1080) on a Samsung 24" monitor/TV with Pro Pe maxed out with no problems so far.

PC config now is

Asus P6Tse mobo; i7 965 @3.2GHz; 6GB RAM; Asus GTX580 graphics card; 2 x 1TB WD in RAID 0.

• Members

At the moment, ATi cards seem to consume less energy for similar performance (which not only is good for the electricity bill but also helps to keep the PC case ventilation to cause less noise).

On the other hand, NVidia drivers have a better reputation overall, but that's hearsay.

• 3 months later...

I tried capturing some video using "Snagit" and the result was some psychedelic stuff that was all jerky. I could see the tank interior, but when the camera panned everything looked like it smeared across the screen. I thought a card like the GTX 260 could handle it. Should I be using another capture program, like "Fraps" maybe?

I'm running SB Pro PE v2.552 on the following setup:

HP Blackbird 002 (VooDoo ed.)

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit (SP1)

Nvidia NForce 780i SLI Mother Board

Liquid Cooled Intel Core2 2.6GHz QuadCore Processor

4x1GB Corsair DDR2 Ram

BFG Nvidia GTX 260 Video Card

500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 Hard Drive

TSST TS-T632L DVDR/RW Drive

HP 22" HDMI Monitor 1680x1050x60

Saitek ST290

The answer is: "no!"

If your 2 GTX 580 are cloaked they cannot act.

And if you run your 2 uncloaked NVIDIA together with a "Creative X-Fi" your FPS can drop below 10 during fights with alot of sounds :)

My 2 GTX 580 OC ( Overclock by the company, btw ) run also with a creative X-Fi sound card, so if it is true what you're telling me, about dropping to 10 fps, is there a way to solve that little problem, please? Also, so far my game run perfectly, without any stuttering.

• 2 months later...