SB Pro PE performance with various grahics cards

Ssnake

• Members

Well, you may want to activate the frame rate counter (Alt+F12), then open the Details control dialog box (Alt+D) while you look at the scene that causes the low frame rate. See if different slider settings for the ground clutter (the bottom slider) help anything.

You shouldn't put the ground clutter to 100%. The density of ground objects, their size, and the intensity of GPU usage depend greatly on the terrain theme setting. If there is a high density combined with large size, a high overdraw of similar objects with 8 bit transparency, this can actually stop even the fastest cards in their tracks.

If on the other hand this doesn't change anything, it's an important clue that something else is causing these frame rate reductions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there everyone.

Can anyone tell me,why does a picture stutter while in TIS mode,especially when a lot of trees are being scanned?Specs are iCore 5 @ 2,27 GHz,6 GB RAM,GeForce GT 330M 1Gb VRAM,and everything else runs extremely smoothly with all the sliders at max?It only happens when I switch to thermal sight,no matter the vehicle.

Thanks a lot in advance

GT 330 is very, very low class GPU. It's not good for games. Get 560 or something

• Members

So, the Details sliders are all set to zero, and you still get very low frame rates?

What about the window size/selected screen resolution. Have you tried changing any of it?

What about driver settings. If you create an application-specific profile, be sure to disable all fancy stuff for the moment to see if the frame rate counter goes up. If it does, enable the different elements again like antialiasing, anisotropic filtering, etc., until you observe the frame rate dropping again. That would be your bottleneck.

Re-reading your initial statement, since this seems to be exclusively about thermal views... What happens to your frame rate in the Leopard 2A5's or Leopardo 2E's rearward driving camera view (F9, then F2)? What happens if you open a mission in the editor, then test it from within the editor, and while the mission is running and you are in the observer's position of a vehicle, you activate the thermal view (Num+)?

Will your frame rate NOT drop in any of these cases?

Thanks again for your care and support,Ssnake.

My problem seems to be solved now.I just never realized,how a simple drive update can improve performance so drastically,now,with a latest NVidia driver,

my TIS screen on all vehicles never drops to lower than 35 fps(down to 4 fps before) with ALL sliders at max,fullscreen and antialiasing/anisotropic filtering additional adjustments made within NVidia display settings.

Best regards

Oceola

In addition to my previous post:all the other screens,no matter the view,run

at steady 62,5 fps.

P.S.:Haukka 81,while appreciating your kind assistance,I'm going to stick with

my GT 330M,which is doing just great for over 2 years,never had any problems

with any game(gaming a lot).

Thanks anyway