W.i.p.

MAJ_Fubar

Well I was jones'n for some ambush camo action when I realized we didn't have a version for 2.460, soooo...I whipped up a pretty close approximation of the pattern Scorpius did so many moons ago. I'm still fiddling around with the decals and the color is still a bit light, but once complete there will be at least three versions.

SS_20_21_20.jpg.190dc0230efd45d539e35b31

SS_20_22_31.jpg.f74863e59ac203bc4f166f25

SS_20_23_34.jpg.d0b245f2ec9faae1118b3002

SS_20_21_20.jpg.190dc0230efd45d539e35b31

SS_20_22_31.jpg.f74863e59ac203bc4f166f25

SS_20_23_34.jpg.d0b245f2ec9faae1118b3002

Nice work!

Have a question regarding ambush camo in general. As I understand it, it's called that way because it works especially good in wooded areas, and tanks would only be in the woods when in an ambush. But is it such a good idea to camouflage a tank just for that role? Was it only used by the Germans in WWII?

-Rump

Yes sir, that is my intention. :cvcys: By the way Scorpius may I have permission to use your original roof texture, with slight modifications?

Maj, did you recieve the link I posted for you? If not, let me know....

Scorp, good to see you around again!

Thanks Tacbat! How are ya?

• Moderators
Nice work!

Have a question regarding ambush camo in general. As I understand it, it's called that way because it works especially good in wooded areas, and tanks would only be in the woods when in an ambush. But is it such a good idea to camouflage a tank just for that role? Was it only used by the Germans in WWII?

Yes, it is essentially a late war WWII German camo pattern. I have seen it on Jagdpanthers and other late war German tanks. It has to be one of the more popular ones. :)

So when is this going into the download section already? ;)

All right, after searching the forums for an answer I know has been already given, I have one more question for the assembled masses. Where does the sim pull the hull texture from when in the TC position? It's kind of wonky to have a nice roof texture but not have the hull match.

SS_21_15_07_sm.jpg.9339da277e36d7dfb2ea0

SS_21_15_07_sm.jpg.9339da277e36d7dfb2ea0

just downloaded it Fubar. looks really good! i need to take her for a spin though.. ;)

hey Volano! he has markings for the little eatern front devil guy on one of um! the one that looks like a silouette of a dancing monkey. another plus is that now i have a proper skin for my wehrmacht decals... heh.

• 2 weeks later...