Mayday all subsim.com and tanksim.com members

Skybird03

Are you guys also unable to reach the sites, or is it just me? We have had a severe thunderstorm over here yesterday, with several links that I use frequently temporarily being broken. however, they all are back on duty again since yesterday evening - just subsim.com is still offline until today. I wonder whether it is due to yesterday's weather problems, or Neal has stumbled into technical problems (or, God save him, into an attack like at Avsim).

I cannot get to the subsim page since yesterday either and we had no storms here.

By the way let me suggest, as member of the Maritime Search and Rescue Organization, that "Mayday" is surely not appropiate.

Lol you made me jump on my seat when I read it. :debile2:

Reserve it for far more serious issues and better, I hope you never have to use it.

SOS is no longer in use, it has been replaced by MAYDAY for any Distress condition reported through voice comunications, be air, sea or ground.

SOS was mainly used via radiotelegraphy, with morse, but that we do not use both anylonger thankfully :)

PAN PAN is the voice to report an urgent condition that may evolve into a distress if no proper action is taken but that so far has not yet become a distress.

LOL that PLAZTDA is surely not on the Maritime and Aviation distress calls. :debile2:

SOS is no longer in use, it has been replaced by MAYDAY for any Distress condition reported through voice comunications, be air, sea or ground.

SOS was mainly used via radiotelegraphy, with morse, but that we do not use both anylonger thankfully :)

PAN PAN is the voice to report an urgent condition that may evolve into a distress if no proper action is taken but that so far has not yet become a distress.

LOL that PLAZTDA is surely not on the Maritime and Aviation distress calls. :debile2:

Morse is still used all the time by many entities.. the U.S. Navy definitely still uses morse code, usually via visual signaling, under water comms etc. I use and was trained in the United States Navy in morse code. Plus SOS is still recognized fully as a universal sign for help due to the shortness of the signal.. Try tapping out Mayday vs SOS.