M1A2 what does it take

oscar19681

Nah, I know there's ways around it, such as the ammunition factor (IE, if you desire to simulate M1s with 30% stronger armor, equip the enemy with ammunition 30% less potent than normal), I'm just playing devil's advocate a bit. My point is that as much as people whine and moan about how annoying it is that "oh no, they're going at it AGAIN" whenever someone brings up whatever hotbutton topic, it's equally, or MORE annoying having to tolerate all the people that post merely to complain about how it's a dead horse. Maybe it is, but pointing that out isn't adding anything to the discussion.

At any rate, I was just making a point to the naysayers who seem to think that just because something isn't worthwhile to them personally means it must just not be worthwhile at all- and who then use faulty logic to back up their own biased argument. Shades of the animated suspension thread- I may not think it's the highest priority, and may pipe in on such a thread to make a point that 'it would be nice, but wouldn't you rather have _____, which would measurably change the game experience, instead?', but I'm not just going to say 'that's stupid, no one wants that. Who here is sick of hearing about that?'

Do I realistically expect an updated M1 anytime soon? Not really, no. I'd love one, but it's not THAT big an issue. I'd much rather see cross-loading of infantry and customization of dismount equipment first (ATGM/ MANPADS teams on IFVs, I'm looking at YOU!).

In closing, I would like an M1A2. But then, I would also like a Challenger II, LeClerc, T90, crewable RWS LAV/ Stryker, a more robust artillery interface, illumination rounds, ICM that fuzes properly (trees and soft ground causing increased dud rates), Copperhead and LGBs for teams with laser designators (FIST-V or FO teams), the option to turn off 'moving maps' on vehicles without FBCB2/ BFT, dismounting TCs, an improved AI spotting algorithm, civilian traffic, etc...

And anyone who thinks any of those are a dumb idea and pops in just to say 'that's a dumb idea', well... stuff it. Those that have constructive input like how such things would be implemented, hurdles that would have to be overcome to implement them, related features and additions that would enhance the sim, etc... those comments are welcome.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you might want to read the forums a bit more. every single item you have mentioned is not only discussed, wanted, desired, whatever you want to call it -- it's on the_List. i'm not saying i disagree with you. i'm just saying...

i think some people are more sick of Oscar starting threads like "what will be in the new patch" before he even recieved version 4.60, or the suspension, or many other things that are on the_List. But, since they aren't released some people, not necessarily you, jump up and down as if those features will never be implemented and eSim has no intention of ever doing so -- despite you, and your wishes, in fact! ;) just a little hyperbole to stick with the theme in this thread.

Edited by Hackworth
"some" people...

Oh, I knew (or strongly suspected, anyhow) they're on the list. That's my point. If it is considered 'unacceptable' to post your opinions or wishlist (regardless of if it's necroequinicide!), then about the only thing we would be 'allowed' to post is bug reports. And that would make for a mighty boring forum, don't you think?

Oh, I knew (or strongly suspected, anyhow) they're on the list. That's my point. If it is considered 'unacceptable' to post your opinions or wishlist (regardless of if it's necroequinicide!), then about the only thing we would be 'allowed' to post is bug reports. And that would make for a mighty boring forum, don't you think?

Please tell me where your "opinion" has been deleted or edited, you ******. why don't you bring something new to the conversation? you weren't edited, your opinions, weren't deleted. mighty boring forum without you bitching and contributing nothing.

it's not that it's "unacceptable", that's not neccesarily my point -- you are free to speak. how many times do you have to say to God that the sky is gray before it's not? he hears you, but has his own time. same with updates and fixes: what's most important? what new unit should be added first? your favorite without a government project, or his?

so, the point is that it's "unacceptable" to you; but if you wish for people to hear this arguement, moreover to those people that participated in and agreeed with you who9 are now sheep in the wilderness, why don't you add something new? i don't really give a damn about your opinions -- those are yours to care for. show me facts. show me why. if you won't; as it is, i'm calling you out and you're full of shit. put up or shut up. convinve me, not your audience.

pray all you want to the God of the_List, but he will do as he wishes. and your wishes might come true. but, you'll need to stick around to find out. so, waste another hundred words bitching about what you don't have instead of playing what you do have, dickforbrains.

sorry, im not in the mood, not a mod, i don't belong to the beta team and really have nothing to lose calling you a liar or "doomsayer" with nothing but a keyboard. do you own SB?

Edited by Hackworth
moronic ramblings...had to go

thanks V-man. i needed a que to go to sleep ;)

better yet, can we get this "wish list" from him so he doesn’t have to exercise himself anymore? And we don’t have to hear it, again? one concise statement from onthetop? i won't respond -- i just wanna hear him get it all out. then, i'll feel much better about ignoring him. but, i will run a search and find out for myself how redundant his bitches are over the last 17 months.

okay, really going to sleep. catch your response in the morning. or you can PM me if you wish to continue this conversation on different level.

I think somebody should make a trivia or FAQ thread/post or whatnot regarding SB and eSimgames. It's not easy to keep track of "what's going on" discussionwise unless you read the forums on a daily basis.

Also you cannot expect any newcomer to know the situation of eSims, how SB is being developed, and surely you cannot expect them to sit down and dig through all of the forums to find out whats going on. The forums are chaotic, and few members tend to get angry and jump on new ones for asking stuff.

I think a simple FAQ would resolve all these "issues" (which arent really issues in my opinion)

I think somebody should make a trivia or FAQ thread/post or whatnot regarding SB and eSimgames. It's not easy to keep track of "what's going on" discussionwise unless you read the forums on a daily basis.

Also you cannot expect any newcomer to know the situation of eSims, how SB is being developed, and surely you cannot expect them to sit down and dig through all of the forums to find out whats going on. The forums are chaotic, and few members tend to get angry and jump on new ones for asking stuff.

I think a simple FAQ would resolve all these "issues" (which arent really issues in my opinion)

Yeah but you got to admit that HACKWORTH can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.

hedgehog, you have a point with the "the_Lust" wiki page. it might be helpful and would definitely spare many of us the quest, not to mention all the innocent lives as well as fury rodents that will be saved.

why isn't your PM set up Oscar? anyway, i wanted to send you this:

Yeah but you got to admit that HACKWORTH can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.

so can **** Oscar with his mind-numbing, repetitious, whining threads. onthetop may not be aware of what is going on, but **** Oscar sure is.

[stage left]

Edited by Hackworth
moronic ramblings...had to go

hedgehog, you have a point with the "the_Lust" wiki page. it might be helpful and would definitely spare many of us the quest, not to mention all the innocent lives as well as fury rodents that will be saved.

Ah, excellent, more material. **Scribbles down "the_Lust"**

Well. Thats Oscar's quest at an end.

why isn't your PM set up Oscar? anyway, i wanted to send you this:

so can exctasy-head Oscar with his mind-numbing, repetitious, whining threads. onthetop may not be aware of what is going on, but annoying-boy Oscar sure is.

[stage left]

Well at least i respect freedom of speech! Cant say the same about you! Maybe you should run for president in Iran?

Why not? That's what the forum is there for. To record info. We even have a wiki now. All the new guy has to do is use the search function, and spend a little time reading up on subjects of interest. Chaotic, I wouldn't say that. If you have a look over at the DCS Black Shark forum, that is a complete mess. Try finding something useful over there. It's a nightmare.

was it that long ago.wow,i remember dl'ing SB1 and thinking this sucks,lol.then i tried it again a few weeks later and thought wow this is awesome,the grapics suck but i keep getting my ass kicked if i dont think and plan properly.then when MP started up with guys like 12 alpha,blackbear,volcanoman,dg6.....it had me hooked.got me and my brothers screen shots on the strategy first box(royalties?).I remeber thonking what the hell is a dongle... a STD,lol.sold my first copy of PE,just bought a new one because everything else out there sucks.soooooo im hooked for life,lol.NOW IF WE COULD ONLY GET THE M1A2.:biggrin:

...NOW IF WE COULD ONLY GET THE M1A2.:biggrin:

roflmao! you suck! i remember you back in the day. chat only times. good times. hell, great times. i miss Archangel. funniest mofo in chat. i guess being an LTC now keeps you from dealing with the likes of me :biggrin: but, good for him!

and Juan... where the hell is he? He's venezualan and i recall there being issues with his family there after ding-bat got "elected". i pray all is well with him and the extended...