crescent and the cross (crusades)

dejawolf

Thx for the vid links dejawolf. I'm too interested in the crusade history. Now I have one book still unfinished over halfway through on the history of the Kingdom of Jerusalem from its beginning to its demise. Very entertaining. I wish somebody make a tv series out of this. Perhaps the cost would be too high for a tv series? I mean reenacting battles would require so many people and costumes and armor and weapons. I know about computer graphical effects but seeing Braveheart is much more immersive than seeing Alexander if you know what I mean.....the battles involve tens of thousand at most. Still a very large number.

I would love to see a movie about the fourth crusade. ;)

There´s a great book about all eight crusades where most of the politics has been scaled away (rare). It´s called "Crusades" by Soren Wibeck, try to get a copy of it.

Then maybe this will be something for you, allthough it is fiction. http://www.arnmovie.com/

Only seen the movie, it covered less of Arns time in Jerusalem then i had hoped for, but still a damn good movie. Althou the end pointed towards a sequel, where i hope more of the crusade is covered.

Glad to hear its a good movie! I plan to go see it sometime next weekend.

I sure hope they make it a triology, like the books are.

I was sort of afraid they would try compressing it all into one movie, that would really be a shame!

Come to think of it, theres also a fourth book, about the time after Arn has passed away. Its not really a part of the series though. More like an afterthought by the author, but definitely worth reading.