Iso containers anyone?

Scorpius

I fooled around with it a while back. Found this sweet page:

http://homepage3.nifty.com/container/20d-1-E.htm

Pages, and pages of them. Its a site for scale train guys.

I did this one, its just 2 bad you have to pic one...

Yeah man, that's how I did mine, modified a texture from a TTX well car from Microsoft Train Simulator. Various logos and graffiti found elsewhere.

I also thought of doing a camo one sorta like congo's. With maybe a window in it, and barracuda net. Militarys covert these containers for all sorts of purposes. My Idea was to use the camo one as control centers for UAV's. And have the UAV destroyed if they are. One could also use it as HQ's for COM net, and have map updates lost if destroyed.

Again, a lot of uses, we need more than one. The sand bag, or wall idea is one of the best.

I've pushed for multiples of this object in game, with different textures. And it is something they would like to do, just have to find the time. This thread just re-enforces my statement that, "If you give us the models, the textures will come"

Really amazing when you think about it. All the things you can simulate with a simple box.

I also thought of doing a camo one sorta like congo's. With maybe a window in it, and barracuda net. Militarys covert these containers for all sorts of purposes. My Idea was to use the camo one as control centers for UAV's. And have the UAV destroyed if they are. One could also use it as HQ's for COM net, and have map updates lost if destroyed.

Again, a lot of uses, we need more than one. The sand bag, or wall idea is one of the best.

I've pushed for multiples of this object in game, with different textures. And it is something they would like to do, just have to find the time. This thread just re-enforces my statement that, "If you give us the models, the textures will come"

Really amazing when you think about it. All the things you can simulate with a simple box.

I agree. I spent the evening on a version that looks somewhat old, forgotten and neglected, like it sat at the end of a abandonded motorpool for 25 years....

I'm going to spend more time on the Hesco Bastion and whatever else I can come up with.

SS_21_01_18.jpg.0813dc75d6e9549ba39f419a

SS_21_01_18.jpg.0813dc75d6e9549ba39f419a

Er, How?

On the obstacles menu when placing them - options in the right click context menu - three types:

Air Filled

Office/Accomodation (default?)

Sand Filled

Only Sand Filled have a meaningful protection level.

You can band select groups, shift-leftclick to add singles or ctrl-leftclick to remove elements and then assign container type from the right click menu.

Hmm, I did not know that.

But then I always use the map editor to place my iso containers

What value do ones placed in the map editor have?

Pretty much bugger all.

By comparison M791 did nothing in the same situation against sand-filled obstacles.

35mm APFSDS is the lowest calibre ammunition that will reliably penetrate at 90 degrees and short ranges - higher obliquity will require more penetration.

40mm APFSDS is marginal for the 140mm penetration variants, but the 40mm slpprj 90LK/05 is equal to the 35mm APFSDS round.

Longer ranges will require correspondingly more excess penetration to defeat the obstacle and a target behind it - tests at ~100-150m

This makes the Sand Filled obstacle a useful protection as it is equivalent to or better than the side armour of an MBT hull.

SS_16_37_33.jpg.eb6f7e598b8d11f49023228b

SS_16_37_33.jpg.eb6f7e598b8d11f49023228b

it's best to place them in the mission editor, obviously :biggrin:

Actually, it annoys me to see them on a map when placed on the map editor. but, i get over it. ;)

looking awesome Scorpius! are we getting a whole package of these one day?

Edited by Hackworth
MAP editor...not mission editor :)