My wishes for the to-do list.

Steel_Hamster

Things I want to see on the to-do list:

1: Nightvision for drivers.

2: Motorized and mechanized infantry that can be attached to a variety of transports.

3: Motorized and mechanized infantry armed with the correct weapons even if deployed on map inside vehicle. Not standard NATO-armament. Preferably editable.

4: Improved helicopter behaviour.

5: Nukes!

Gotcha, just kidding.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You might get flamed for this.

You bet!!

With this "join in date" and if you have not played in certain TS groups..... :gun:

How daring!!!!!

Better get you kevlar on

:nuke:

:biggrin:

PS. I could't help but post it :diable:

chuckles... Furia, at least you and Steel Hamster have excellent excuses for publishing your first or second or third wishlist. however, in a year and a half or more, i will flame you for continuing to publish the same rants with nothing new to add. BUT, if you can keep adding something new, well, that's something new... :biggrin:

can i get a request for suspension, please? LOL

chuckles... Furia, at least you and Steel Hamster have excellent excuses for publishing your first or second or third wishlist. however, in a year and a half or more, i will flame you for continuing to publish the same rants with nothing new to add. BUT, if you can keep adding something new, well, that's something new... :biggrin:

can i get a request for suspension, please? LOL

LOL Hackworth, you are right, I am about to write a note in my agenda to make a post requesting the option of not having external view in multiplayer by 18th June 2012.

:biggrin::biggrin:

I would try to find some new arguments to add on the meantime :biggrin:

LOL Why is the suspension thing so important? I can imagine 25 things with more priority and I see people asking about visual effect for suspension. Why?

hehe I know you are not among them.:wink2:

• Members
Why is the suspension thing so important? I can imagine 25 things with more priority and I see people asking about visual effect for suspension. Why?

I think it has become a sort of an insider-joke. There once was a heated debate about it; for some it seems to be a crucial element.

lol, thank you, Ssnake.

i'm sorry, not sur eif i can type. i'm laughing so hard. furia, you're the best. ;) i can't wait until you ralley all the Spaniards into a rabble rousing group of killers. i bet you and Lipe are up to no good :biggrin:

has anyone made a single player scenario (that's new) i can play? sorry, this is my continuous quest: a new mission ;)

some have a quest for suspension, rofl.

p.s. on a serious note: Ssnake, the bumpiness really helps simulate the effect regardless of what we see.

lol, thank you, Ssnake.

i'm sorry, not sur eif i can type. i'm laughing so hard. furia, you're the best. ;) i can't wait until you ralley all the Spaniards into a rabble rousing group of killers. i bet you and Lipe are up to no good :biggrin:

has anyone made a single player scenario (that's new) i can play? sorry, this is my continuous quest: a new mission ;)

some have a quest for suspension, rofl.

p.s. on a serious note: Ssnake, the bumpiness really helps simulate the effect regardless of what we see.

My mission "Be Quick Or Be Dead" has just been uploaded. It can be played as single or multi COOP.

Ontos would be interesting Multiple 106 mm, Self-propelled, M50, mounted six M40 106 mm recoilless rifles as its main armament,

Originally conceived as a fast tank killer, Its mobility and firepower were proven in numerous battles and operations. Produced in limited numbers and removed from service in 1969. But im in it for the tanks, although would be fun.

#1 Make the infantry weapons adjustable...it is pretty strange that you can't give them some anti-tank-weapons

#2 Make infantry vs infantry fights possibly...i tried to attack 1 Redforce squad with a dismounted Pizarro platoon they all got killed and did not try to shoot back...

EDIT: I know that this is a tank-simulation...but it would be nice to have some real Mechanized Infantry! ;)

@ Hackworth

Did you try the "Fire Brigade Missions"?

They are meant for Singleplayer...

And one question about your Austrian Leo2A4 skins...they are very good but in the TC's view it shows the standard german skin....is this normal or is this a mistake from me?

RE: the Austrian skin. i think that is my mistake. i guess i didn't put the turret image in there. i thought i did -- i have one. i'll upload an updated version before the weekend --- going to my sister's after TGIF (gotta have priorities).

yes, i did play both missions. i even started an AAR on them with screen shots, etc. maybe i need to dig those up and finish it. not enough AARs of scenarios, never have been. i can tell you this: i was defeated the first time i tried mission 1. as usual, i took too much time (or triggered the main attack on the OBJ by red by moving to close to the OBJ -- i didn't open the mission in the editor to find out why they attacked when they did), so by the time i reached the OBJ they were already getting over-run. whooops! i kicked their ass the second time. very good missions. I gave you some stars ;) LOL, i also exported your briefing (TIP to anyone listening) and translated it to english otherwise....who knows what i would have done! my German sucks these days.

as for the INF: the mounted troops come with whatever they have (or in some cases, don't have...). but you can create ATGM teams in the mission editor as well as many other types. you can even create a MANPAD teams. Take an ATGM team and adjust the weapon load to use the RBS70 and voila! MANPAD team.

not sure what happend with your dismounts. i'm assuming they had no cover and the INF they were assaulting were prone and has some cover. (?) if i had cover and some schmuck came running out of an IFV at my position, i'd mow 'um down too ;)

RE: the Austrian skin. i think that is my mistake. i guess i didn't put the turret image in there. i thought i did -- i have one. i'll upload an updated version before the weekend --- going to my sister's after TGIF (gotta have priorities).

yes, i did play both missions. i even started an AAR on them with screen shots, etc. maybe i need to dig those up and finish it. not enough AARs of scenarios, never have been. i can tell you this: i was defeated the first time i tried mission 1. as usual, i took too much time (or triggered the main attack on the OBJ by red by moving to close to the OBJ -- i didn't open the mission in the editor to find out why they attacked when they did), so by the time i reached the OBJ they were already getting over-run. whooops! i kicked their ass the second time. very good missions. I gave you some stars ;) LOL, i also exported your briefing (TIP to anyone listening) and translated it to english otherwise....who knows what i would have done! my German sucks these days.

as for the INF: the mounted troops come with whatever they have (or in some cases, don't have...). but you can create ATGM teams in the mission editor as well as many other types. you can even create a MANPAD teams. Take an ATGM team and adjust the weapon load to use the RBS70 and voila! MANPAD team.

not sure what happend with your dismounts. i'm assuming they had no cover and the INF they were assaulting were prone and has some cover. (?) if i had cover and some schmuck came running out of an IFV at my position, i'd mow 'um down too ;)

:biggrin: Thanks for the skins-Update!

And would you send me the English translations?

My military English was not good enough to do it myself...but if you send them I will include them!

Hmmm...popping smoke...great idea...I'm so stupid... :c:

But what I really would like would full control...it should be possible to dismount them at the edge of the forest and let the infantry alone take the objective...would be the real military procedure wouldn't it?

The German Marder-infantry so has no anti tank weapon with them?

I know the Austrians have one in all of their IFV...not the best, but it would be enough for enemy IFVs...

• Members

Marder platoons have one Milan launcher which can be dismounted or remain mounted on one commander's station (which is what they are doing in SB Pro). Remember that you should also order your IFVs to suppress the defenders; mechanized infantry is weak in dismount strength. This weakness can be compensated by the much higher firepower that a squad plus IFV has. But in order to make this work you actually need to apply that firepower to enable movement of your squad.

KAreil, i PM'ed the two briefings to you. the format is a little messy, but you'll figure it out.

as for the roof, i'm mistaken. i have the template for a new roof not implemented yet. it is complete, but i'm waiting for the new roof to work with the new Leopard. next patch i think.

okay, trying not to hijack anymore of this thread ;)

No, please go ahead. Excellent tactic against these 'I want, I want' threads.

//E-sim Boyscout mode off.

-Rump

Rump, you could always use a "Purist" tag like i do. i cannot recall who was trying to insult me by calling me that, but i've worn it as a badge of honor since ;)

p.s. i kept the spelling the "insulterer" used.