Steel_Hamster

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Or they could really mess with him and make it "playable" but only the loader's position.

Just think hours sitting there watching the mechanism load rounds (and the occasional gunner's arm).

That gives me an idea for an easter-egg, if the player's name contains the string "gibson"...:1:

Or they could really mess with him and make it "playable" but only the loader's position.

Just think hours sitting there watching the mechanism load rounds (and the occasional gunner's arm).

You sir....are cruel.:diable::biggrin:

Whatever happen to an Officer and a Gentleman.

We reduced the price recently so those of you who buy it shortly before the new release won't have to pay more than the regular price.

Am I reading this correctly?

I just reinstalled SBProPE after a break of a couple of years and just yesterday spent $30 ordering the 2.460 upgrade, now this sounds to me that in a couple of months I will have to fork out more money for the latest patch??

Hang on a second....

The T-72 has a 3 man crew.

If you were the 'loader' all you'd see would be the ass end of a 125mm shell casing, (and in occasional graphic detail a severed arm).

• Members
Am I reading this correctly?

I just reinstalled SBProPE after a break of a couple of years and just yesterday spent $30 ordering the 2.460 upgrade, now this sounds to me that in a couple of months I will have to fork out more money for the latest patch??

That's one way of phrasing it. The other is that since the release of 2.460 in March 2009 (which will be 17 months by the time that 2.5x will be released) we added lots and lots of new stuff, and ... hey, we got to make a living too.

I guess you could just as well search this discussion forum for "2.4x upgrade". It doesn't seem that there are a lot of new arguments in this old debate.

Our plan is to release every 12 to 18 months an update for $25.- for those that order early. In this case, with a 17 month interval, that amounts to $1.47 per month. I don't know about you, but that doesn't appear to me as cut-throat capitalism.

Hang on a second....

The T-72 has a 3 man crew.

If you were the 'loader' all you'd see would be the ass end of a 125mm shell casing, (and in occasional graphic detail a severed arm).

So you have only just worked out what I said?

Isn't "all you'd see would be the ass end of a 125mm shell casing, (and in occasional graphic detail a severed arm)." the same as "watching the mechanism load rounds (and the occasional gunner's arm)"

That's one way of phrasing it. The other is that since the release of 2.460 in March 2009 (which will be 17 months by the time that 2.5x will be released) we added lots and lots of new stuff, and ... hey, we got to make a living too.

I guess you could just as well search this discussion forum for "2.4x upgrade". It doesn't seem that there are a lot of new arguments in this old debate.

Our plan is to release every 12 to 18 months an update for $25.- for those that order early. In this case, with a 17 month interval, that amounts to $1.47 per month. I don't know about you, but that doesn't appear to me as cut-throat capitalism.

Maybe I didn't phrase my comment right I have no problem with what you are saying above.

I may have got the false impression that the new upgrade would not require the previous 2.460 paid upgrade to work - In which case I was a little annoyed that I could have waited a few weeks and just bought the new upgrade and saved myself the $30.

However having read what you have wrote above I get the impression that the new upgrade will be a 2.460 to 2.5x update and will require the previously purchased 2.460 upgrade - Which I have no problem with.

So you have only just worked out what I said?

I'm not browsing the forums on a daily basis (as much as I like, its too sunny outside to camp by the computer all day.)

Isn't "all you'd see would be the ass end of a 125mm shell casing, (and in occasional graphic detail a severed arm)." the same as "watching the mechanism load rounds (and the occasional gunner's arm)"

That's open for debate, however, your phrasing implies a outside view of the auto-loader.

Yes, I am that picky.

:biggrin:

Back to the wish-list:

(getting nervous given the upcoming upgrade)

* Numero uno:

Have the ability to tell a computer-controlled mech platoon to go to a place, dismount, then have the computer-controlled infantry go one way and the vehicles another.

And of course have the ability to make these computer-controlled units team up again on another waypoint, where the vehicles load up again the infantry.

* Also Numero uno: M109 Howitzer

Even better, firing M109's !

Rgds, K

* Numero uno:

Have the ability to tell a computer-controlled mech platoon to go to a place, dismount, then have the computer-controlled infantry go one way and the vehicles another.

And of course have the ability to make these computer-controlled units team up again on another waypoint, where the vehicles load up again the infantry.

* Also Numero uno: M109 Howitzer

Even better, firing M109's !

Rgds, K

Ah two Main Efforts - always good. :)

What about a dynamic campaign system like falcon 4.0 but for tanks instead of F16s? You can play single player of multi player...... I know it's far fetched request but think of the sim euphoria it would create. The dynamic campaign is what keeps a dated sim like falcon still good today.

What about a dynamic campaign system like falcon 4.0 but for tanks instead of F16s? You can play single player of multi player...... I know it's far fetched request but think of the sim euphoria it would create. The dynamic campaign is what keeps a dated sim like falcon still good today.

I like the idea. Though the sim isn't intended for this and it would be pretty far down on the priority list I think it would be cool!