My wishes for the to-do list.

Steel_Hamster

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All in eye candy but what about a in game antialiasing option?

For ATI 4k+ and Win7 couple :clin:

I totally second that one. Still no AA for my ATI 4800 card. Probably drivers issue, but why? Everything else I run, old and new, works with AA enabled with this card and latest drivers.

Cheers Porphyr

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Wants that you not have to pop your head out <q> of the tower as TC <F1> to use Art-Menu as it was before v2.370Beta

- especially annoying under fire !!!

Bump. Has this been fixed (or corrected)? I wonder what this is meant to simulate?

How about a Graphic overlay when in the map screen?to remove graphics as they become no longer necassry.sort of like a clear grease pencil overlay on a map.the ability to page up and down on the overlay.

But my map doesn’t update automatically like that in real life, so why here?

It might look pretty but its not accurate training and if it was removed we’d have to ask eSim to put it back in.

First to the designers of Steel Beasts - this isnt criticism , its just what I think would be cool to see in the game some day. I think you guys have done a great job and im not complaining.

After playing some night settings, I would love to be able to call in a mission of parachute flares to illuminate my targets or have them called in on my units by the enemy.

I know this is probably a very long shot but a M9 ACE or equivalent vehicle to dig fighting positions as needed. Also on the same note the Panther route clearance vehicle based on the M1 and the Marines Assault Breacher Vehicle also based on the M1.

I would assume these are in the works already since the recent addition of civilian cars, but VBIED's would be a interesting addition.

I understand that,im talking more for graphics.Such as BP graphics and such.:biggrin:

But doesn't that assume you'll keep going fwd?

There's this other guy who might decide to push you back and then I suspect you might want to know where that nice, comfortable prepared BP is. :)

Or the lane through the minefield, etc.

If on the other hand you are talking about task graphics like SBF's ,etc. then I revert to my earlier comment. My map trace is fixed in time so a dotted proposed position remains dotted on the map even when I'm parked there, similarly the SBF marked on my map for Phase 1 is still on the map when I move out of it at the start of Phase 2.

If I get trainees to TEWT a problem and we do some post H Hr assessment of it then we need the trainee's solution as prepared on the map, not just the bit that applies from "now" onwards.

Or have I misunderstood your idea? :)

But my map doesn’t update automatically like that in real life, so why here?

It might look pretty but its not accurate training and if it was removed we’d have to ask eSim to put it back in.

Yupp, only thing i had was a bottle of alcohol and a paper nappi to swipe the map...

• Members
After playing some night settings, I would love to be able to call in a mission of parachute flares to illuminate my targets or have them called in on my units by the enemy.

Everybody would love this, and illumination lights from the older tanks while we're at it. It's just that while the visuals are possible to make (though probably eating a bit of performance - directional spotlights and shadowcasting and all that), the real challenge is to make the computer call in for illumination on the SUSPICION of enemy presence without calling it all the time, all over the place. Of course we could make them just react to incoming fire, but that would not change the current balance very much. By the time that the illumination arrives most tanks without thermal sights would be dead, just like they will be right now.

I know this is probably a very long shot but a M9 ACE or equivalent vehicle to dig fighting positions as needed.

Possible to do, the engine is prepared for this. Several customers expressed loose interest in such a function and then called off the thing when they couldn't secure the funds. For me, the absolute priority at the moment have to be features that keep SB Pro relevant for contemporary training, and that means - like it or not - to focus on aspects of asymmetrical warfare.

The Taliban don't fire illumination rounds, they don't have earth-moving equipment, or mine-clearing tanks.

VBIEDs, that's a different thing of course. ;)

I'm trying to convince the TB to buy SB Pro. I think I'm close:biggrin:

They have lots of $$, from all the pot here, and I think they would love this sim.

To move the earth, well they get us to do it, through projects, and skim $ from it as well.

As for mine clearing tanks, the ANP use Ford rangers, they find them, however it only works once for each Ranger.:(

Tanks for all the work on the new version, wish I had time to play.:decu:

Can someone elborate on this point, not sure I understand.....

Oh, Ssnake.

I have an idea about the arty piece when/if it gets implemented.

Have you looked at the shiny new Archer piece in development for Swede & Norwayish Armeis? It has a Lemur capability..... ;)

I'm, sure you are aware of this webbysite, but for everyone else interested look here :

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/archer.htm

Well I guess the OP (its not attributed) wants one of the possible on map arty pieces to be this Archer vehicle.

It looks like it could come with a Lemur fitted (I guess so that when your tks overrun the gun line he can attempt to put up some defence).

Certainly having the gun / mortar line on the map and targetable would be good but you’d then need to code in things like, counter battery fire, reducing the number of missions available to a player if his guns have to displace (or are destroyed), keeping them in range, giving them the ability to fire directly (either in last ditch defence of the gun position or dare I say it as some sort of assault gun), etc.

Well I guess the OP (its not attributed) wants one of the possible on map arty pieces to be this Archer vehicle.

It looks like it could come with a Lemur fitted (I guess so that when your tks overrun the gun line he can attempt to put up some defence).

Certainly having the gun / mortar line on the map and targetable would be good but you’d then need to code in things like, counter battery fire, reducing the number of missions available to a player if his guns have to displace (or are destroyed), keeping them in range, giving them the ability to fire directly (either in last ditch defence of the gun position or dare I say it as some sort of assault gun), etc.

Well I guess most of that is on the_list.

*All Hail the_list*

I was just pointing Nils & Al towards this system, just in case they missed it. Still, it could be implemented in the same way as say, a truck with just the Lemur working and the Arty system implemented at a later date.

A work in progress.

Been trying to update one of my scenarios to 2.538. The amphibious assaults keep failing, the riverbanks are far too steep below the waterline (they're fine above the water).

Something in the map editor which can be used to highlight a riverbank and say 'Scaleable' would be very nice. If I've not missed something which already exists.

NTM

Yupp, only thing i had was a bottle of alcohol and a paper nappi to swipe the map...

I didn't even do that.

But to the original point, I used permanent marker. Grease pens or water-soluble or whatnot gets problematic when it's raining.

NTM

Been trying to update one of my scenarios to 2.538. The amphibious assaults keep failing, the riverbanks are far too steep below the waterline (they're fine above the water).

Something in the map editor which can be used to highlight a riverbank and say 'Scaleable' would be very nice. If I've not missed something which already exists.

NTM

Having the exact same problem 3 Star some areas of the banks can be negotiated others cant

ASLAV seems to have the most trouble.

I didn't even do that.

But to the original point, I used permanent marker. Grease pens or water-soluble or whatnot gets problematic when it's raining.

NTM

Well, thats why I used alcohol, it kills permanent marker ;-),

For writing directly on the map...6-B pencil, I believe that even writes on water :-P