Skins,skins and more skins.

andym

I am sure this has been posted before but bugger it.As the number of real tasty skins are arriving almost on a daily basis,it would be great IF there were and EASY way to switch between skins buy the touch of a button.I know that there are bits of software like JGSME and the like but i havent been able to make JGSME work sadly.I saw that Nimo's Skinner seemed to fit the bill but its not compatable with the new version.So i do hope that there is a way of swapping between skins of the same vehicle at the stroke of a key.Any suggestions?(sensible and clean ones preferably:biggrin:)

O Great Nimo,i am on bended knees,grovelling in the dust of your Magnificence,cowed by your Immenseness and totally in Awe of your Martial Prowess.I do hereby humbly beg and beseech you to make your skinner work with the new Version.I shall cover myself in sackcloth and ashes and eat only dried locusts and lentils untill you in your Benevolence,do your magic works.

(Is that grovelly and begging enough for you?:biggrin::biggrin:)

I am sure this has been posted before but bugger it.As the number of real tasty skins are arriving almost on a daily basis,it would be great IF there were and EASY way to switch between skins buy the touch of a button.I know that there are bits of software like JGSME and the like but i havent been able to make JGSME work sadly.I saw that Nimo's Skinner seemed to fit the bill but its not compatable with the new version.So i do hope that there is a way of swapping between skins of the same vehicle at the stroke of a key.Any suggestions?(sensible and clean ones preferably:biggrin:)

Why cant you make the generic mod enabler work. Ive never had problems with it.

Why cant you make the generic mod enabler work. Ive never had problems with it.

Cos im not very good with puters,i did try it and followed all the directions and it still didnt work.I might have another go.

O Great Nimo,i am on bended knees,grovelling in the dust of your Magnificence,cowed by your Immenseness and totally in Awe of your Martial Prowess.I do hereby humbly beg and beseech you to make your skinner work with the new Version.I shall cover myself in sackcloth and ashes and eat only dried locusts and lentils untill you in your Benevolence,do your magic works.

(Is that grovelly and begging enough for you?:biggrin::biggrin:)

That's not proper grovelling, no offers to spill your blood on his behalf, give up your wife to his harem and your children to work 24 hour days in his kitchens, plus the usual my house is your house stuff and the offers of all your gold reserves. Mind you, I would forego the gold reserves bit, being Brits we know that our reserves might just about buy him a very small apple.

Nice one Andy !!!!!!!!

Cos im not very good with puters,i did try it and followed all the directions and it still didnt work.I might have another go.

Andy,

Make a folder called whatever you like such as British Armored Vehicles and put the dds files you wish to use in this folder. You cannot install duplicate files so you will have to make multiple folders for different vehics. As an example make a folder called Spainiac Pack and install all the dds files from the Spainiac pack,now place these folders in a folder called mods(not your mods folder in SB you will need to create this folder) and place this in the woodland folder in your SB mods folder also place the JSGME executable file here also. double click on JSGME

and you should see the names of the file folders you created. Highlight the name of what you would like to use and click on the arrow that points to install and see if this works for you. If this works make a shortcut for your desktop so you can activate the mods you wish to use without navigating to the woodlands folder each time you wish to install a skin.

This si really cool Congo!!!! You are the man!.

I would suggets this information would get sticky somewhere because I am sure would be very interesting for a lot of people, present an future due the large ammount of high quality skins avalaible!!

Thanks!

I have a mods folder(jgsme)in My doc/steelbeasts/mods/MODS.

Its the one that i had the files in.is this the correct place for it?

you also talk about putting a file in the "woodlands" bit,would i need to do this for desert and autumn as well?

I have a mods folder(jgsme)in My doc/steelbeasts/mods/MODS.

Its the one that i had the files in.is this the correct place for it?

you also talk about putting a file in the "woodlands" bit,would i need to do this for desert and autumn as well?

You need the MODS folder in woodland for woodland skins and in desert for desert skins and autumn for autumn skins and winter for winter skins. You will need the jsgme executable in all these folders as well. If you do this eliminate the shortcut on your desktop and do your activation from within the folders. Go to woodland and double click on the exe. or go to desert and double click the exe.

Ahhhh i think its clicked now.

Andy,

The jones soft generic mod enabler can be used in the terrain folder and its sub folders as well. Its good for moving terrain tiles. I run it in both the high and low folders so when I want heavy snow on the fields and roads I can install that terrain tile set. The time consuming part is grouping the mods that you want to use together into useable folders. The armor I just do by country.

Congo