Missing sounds and Miclic issues

hussar11

Since the upgrade I have noticed that some sounds like mine explosions have dissappeared.

Before anyone asks, how close was I, less than 100M, two mines went off and not a peep.

Also I have been running the mine breaching tutorial plus my own mine breaching sce, and the miclic seems to always fall short by 10-20M now, I keep losing veh.'s at the end of the "cleared" lane.

Didn't the miclic have 2 rocket charges per veh. at one time?

i think the MICLIC has always had only one charge. so, by stopping short, do you mean that the MICLIC fires the rocket, starts to move through the breach, but decides to move into the minefield before exfil? -- as if the vehicle "thinks" it cleared the path and is now moving to its next waypoint. OR is it possible that the MICLIC hit a mine that was not detonated by it's charge? i've seen that happen. thus the need to "proof" the lane with a plow or mine roller. OR, do you mean it stops shorter before firing the rocket, thus not putting the charge all the way across the minefield?

note that the MICLIC's charge is not long enough to clear minefields that are wide. when i'm making scenarios, i try to keep them as narrow as possible when the player needs to use MICLICs aginst them.

Edited by Hackworth
i am my own grammer police. but i cannot stop all my crimes.

The MICLIC has never been a full prof mine clearing system. The lane must be cleared/proofed with a mine plow or roller. In the real world you would have your combat Eng. marking and proofing a second time behind the tank. ie useing C4 and blowing any mines that the plow missed or that fell back into the cleared path off of the spoilage from the mineplow. I have seen the combat eng. mount two MICLIC's on top of an AVLB minus the bridge being on it. This was done to conteract deep minefields and also to have a second one avalible in case the first would have a malfunction and fail to launch. This is a common malfunction with the MICLIC system.

I know all about the limitations to the system

Its just lately whenever I use the Miclic, it does not clear ALL THE WAY accross

the mine field, as hackworth noted, I may be puting in too wide of a field.

Is it possible to get one miclic to fire off its rocket, then get a second miclic to go half way and fire its rocket.

The scripting would be interesting.

Lastly can the miclic be re-loaded like a tank when you pull up to a cargo truck?

• Members
Is it possible to get one miclic to fire off its rocket, then get a second miclic to go half way and fire its rocket.

Yes!

Have #1 arrive at a waypoint ca. 50m in front of the obstacle. Create a short "breach" route of maybe 30m towards the obstacle. This should get the thing to launch its rocket, but stop short of the obstacle. You can then make it turn around and buzz off.

Have #2 arrive and drive into the minefield on an assault route (slow); in the middle, start a breach route. It should then fire its charge. At that poit I would let it drive forward to the far end of the minefield. Backing up or turning around in a breach lane is a recipe for disaster. Sucks to be Miclic #2 in this case.

:o

Lastly can the miclic be re-loaded like a tank when you pull up to a cargo truck?

I think so, but you should test it.

An OPFOR version of the MICLIC would be really nice. UR-67 was a BTR-50 with the line charge rockets, UR-77 was a 2S1 chassis (modified MT-LB chassis) with line charge rockets.

So long as it still takes western-style proofing of lanes to clear a breach for the AI, having the mine clearing kit for the Russian tanks is not all that helpful unless you also use the MICLIC and the M113 engineer.