My Part. In OP VARIABLE

I came on tonight looking to resume playing Operation Variable, and to forget what happened in the past. Instead, I get ejected from the server, and have Sean tell me that I "blew it". How? By showing up? Says the guy who received my reply to his initial PM on Tuesday but had to wait until less than 2 hours before TGIF to respond, and then stated in his original reply that it wasn't a "good idea", not "You're barred from play". Now he's abusing his authority and doing just that. Need I remind Sean that it was at HIS suggestion, and no one else's, that I switched sides in the first place. Therefore, if anyone has any culpability here, it's him.

Sean NEVER said how I "blew it", and neither did he give any indication beforehand that I couldn't participate. I did not blow ANYTHING except my chances of playing as Red. If he states that I can't participate after this mission, that's after the fact.

Posted by RogueSnake

Sean is the most tolerant man on these forums. If you've pissed him off, you've worked hard to do it.

So did I, until tonight, when he turned on me without warning.
posted by RogueSnake

Get over it, or better yet grow up.

I feel like saying, "sound advice for most of the people here", but I won't. Instead, I will say this: Come next Friday, I had better NOT be ejected just for being present, because that's discrimination. And I will be playing as Blue on Variable. (I would have played as Blue tonight, but Sean ejected me after only 8% of the scenario had been downloaded.)

I can play as part of a team, given the chance. (Which Sean didn't give me, BTW)

For the record, here is the list of events leading up to tonight:

Following Variable 5, in which I switched sides at Sean's suggestion (He stated that if I wasn't satisfied with Red's leadership, I should join Blue, to which I replied that I might), Sean, Volcano, and I agree that I sit out Variable. Volcano's PM, mentioning the lack of events left in the campaign, and that there won't be much left, clearly indicates that Variable would be on only 1 map.

6/19: Following an extensive cooling down period, and after learning of Variable's multiple maps, I approach Volcano through PM and ask, given the depth of Variable and the cooling down period that had developed between the last Variable and the one played this Friday, if I could rejoin Variable. Volcano is OK with the idea, and suggests that I PM Sean about it.

6/21: I PM Sean asking to rejoin Variable. I state that I don't want to make scenes, I just want to play.

6/23: Sean replies, stating that he thinks it's best if I sit Variable out like we agreed. He does NOT state that I am barred.

Same day: I replied, explaining how I came to that decision, citing the cooling down period and Variable's multiple maps. I also tell him that Volcano was OK with my rejoining Variable based on those factors. Also, I voice my concern that with Variable potentially stretching across 5 maps, the campaign could last all summer.

Today: With less than 2 hours to go before H-hour, Sean replies, stating that it's 3 maps, not 5, forgetting about the fact that Variable can be extended to up to 5 maps if agreed by both sides. He also tries to allay my concerns about Variable stretching out. Again, he does NOT state that I am barred from playing. I hop on TS and hope for the best. All is well. IP enters channel. I enter and start downloading. Sean's server kicks me out. After clowning and hilarious monkey spamming to drown me out (which I did laugh at, I do have a sense of humor), Sean takes me aside. I ask him why I got ejected. He told me I "blew it", and gave no other reason. I called it punishing the victim, and left as he exclaimed those words, as I was eager to avoid a fight that could end with bitter feelings on all sides.

• Moderators

I feel like saying, "sound advice for most of the people here", but I won't. Instead, I will say this: Come next Friday, I had better NOT be ejected just for being present, because that's discrimination. And I will be playing as Blue on Variable. (I would have played as Blue tonight, but Sean ejected me after only 8% of the scenario had been downloaded.)

No, I am afraid you won't be on Blue. I know I told you that if you came back to Op V campaign then you *would have to be Red*. I also said that this makes it subject to Sean's decision on whether or not you can rejoin the campaign on Red. He told you no, that you have to sit out the rest of the campaign so that is the final word on that.

It is a shame it had to come to this, but he sent you a PM about the matter and you showed up anyway. I don't think anything more has to be said about this.