New PC!

Hedgehog

Got your attention didn't it?

Anyway title aside, you may have read elsewhere that I've aquired a new Personal Computer.

One of the first things I am installing, as we..........oh wait, its finished :biggrin: is SB Pro PE, collective eSim guys, you should feel honoured, and pleased, I shall buy you all a beer @ the expo in London. Terms and conditions apply.

Terms and conditions are: we all turn up. :biggrin:

Snake, its running on XP Pro 32bit, no way in hell am I allowing Vista near my computer.

I shall find out which driver version number is installed, (the latest as of Friday 26/06/2009), currently using the old computer, one or the other, no power avaliable for both, one dasiy chain is enough.

Right okay I'm back, Ssnake the Driver version is: 186.18

Video BIOS is: 62.00.61.00.00

Edited by Hedgehog

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded a file called "directx_9c_redist". When I run it, it asks me to type in a location. I read somewhere that it should go in Windows/system32, so I put that as the location. I then get an error message: Extracting file failed. Most likely caused by low memory (low disk space for swapping files) or corrupted Cabinet file."

So I am stuck. I either have the wrong file, or I am putting it in the wrong place, or there is some other problem.

Help!

Perhaps this may help,

Its located in the "docs" folder of your SBpro , butt cause I'm viewing it now I'll cut n paste it 4 ya! (this is off version 2.46 disc)

For your convenience, the most recent version of DirectX at the time of this CD creation (the December 2006 version of DirectX) is included in the DirectX folder on the installation CD. You can use Windows Explorer to browse the contents of the CD and run DXSETUP.EXE in the DirectX folder

Put your cd in,Then- start/my computer/right handclick on drive with disc in it,

open Directx folder/click on "DXSETUP"......I believe its comes with all file paths in place.

Hope this gets ya running!

I downloaded a file called "directx_9c_redist". When I run it, it asks me to type in a location. I read somewhere that it should go in Windows/system32, so I put that as the location. I then get an error message: Extracting file failed. Most likely caused by low memory (low disk space for swapping files) or corrupted Cabinet file."

So I am stuck. I either have the wrong file, or I am putting it in the wrong place, or there is some other problem.

Help!

The location should be the drive on your computer where you want the directx folder to reside which is typically in C:\Program Files. Once all the files are placed in that folder there should be an exe file called setup, click on that one and it should do the intall for you placing all the dx files where they need to go in your operating system, which are mostly dll or dynamic link library files. You should have no need to place the files there yourself so remove what you placed in the system 32 folder in windows.

• Members

Hm. While I don't know HOW to do it, it seems that you somehow need to tell Vista to use the installed DirectX 9 files when launching SB Pro PE. I just wonder why it works for everybody else, just not you?

A Google search indicates that other people have a similar error from other occasions, so it seems to be a Vista thing.

Hm. While I don't know HOW to do it, it seems that you somehow need to tell Vista to use the installed DirectX 9 files when launching SB Pro PE. I just wonder why it works for everybody else, just not you?

A Google search indicates that other people have a similar error from other occasions, so it seems to be a Vista thing.

I am trying to use SB-1, not Pro PE. But I believe someone else had a similar issue with SB-1.

It's definitely a Vista thing....

I'm getting closer! I downloaded the d3drm.dll file and placed it in Windows/system rather than system32, and now SB-1 load and launches and I pick a scenario and it starts...I hear everything...but the screen is black. I tried the compatibility options (thanks ssnake, I didn't know they existed), choosing 640 X 480 and 256 colors, to no avail.

It seems someone else got to this point; I will search.

• 4 weeks later...

To me it sounds like a DX9 is not really installed on your system, you should not be copying dx files manually to any folders what so ever, you will end up having to reinstall windows, u need to download directx 9 and run the setup file and it will install it self, you should not be doing anything else. You should also avoid to download any dll files unless they come from microsoft.com. Webpages supplying DLL files for download usually supply more than just the file... if you get my point..

Go here, download this file and run it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en

Also make sure you have the latest drivers for you graphics card, if you have nvidia card go to nvidia.com if you have ati go to amd.com.