Help needed from Spanish speaker for Pizarro mod

Hase

Hi folks,

I am sorry to bring this up for the second time, but maybe the other thread title was too meaningless. I am working on a German version of the Pizarro interior texture with increased resolution, based on esim´s original.

If there is demand I may make an English version, too.

Please see the attached .dds file in the archive.

Need help with translation of the panel under the turret roof, the one with the big "Turret On/Off" button.

And: In the top left corner of the texture file, is that for wipers or what?

Who can help? Please give me a to the point translation into English or explain.

Thanks in advance!

Hase

pizarrointHIGH_zip.031ca4d3806fd79a8c588

pizarrointHIGH.zip

• 3 weeks later...

First thing: I bought SBP PE 5 days ago and I still didn't recieved so better that don't take the translations literally

Second thing: There are some parts that I don't know what they mean in spanish so when I get SBP I will try to investigate while playing if not someone that it have can help you a bit more

This is the screen in .jpg if someone wants to correct me ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Dagger_c3/pizarrointHIGH.jpg

Lanzaingenios = That's the system to make smoke screens literally "device launcher"

Fusible = fuse

fumigeno anterior= front smoke generator

fumigeno posterior= back smoke generator

izquierdo = left

derecho = right

--

Grey buttons:

sens angu= angle sensor

dista = distance

vient = wind

temp aire = air temperature

alti = altitude

---

Lamps:

fallo = fail / error

estab on/off = stabilizator on/off

comp deri. = ????????

tens baja = low voltage

escot abier = hatch open

trin cas = ??????

zona inter depre = ???

zona inter direc = ???

---

agua = water

calef = heating

torre on/off = tower on/off

descon luces = disconect lights

elevacion azimut = elevation azimut

Edited by Dagger1987

• Members
comp deri. = ????????

trin cas = ??????

zona inter depre = ???

zona inter direc = ???

comp deri: Don't remember right now.

Trincas: End of belt indicator (25 rounds left; override in an emergency (but have much longer reload time afterwards)

zona inter depre: Similar to the back deck inhibitor, a zone where the gun is being decoupled from the sight with a reduced gun depression to avoid collisions with the hull (in this case, the zone around the driver's hatch; notice that the Pizarro turret isn't centered on the hull but shifted to the right hull side. This creates the tunnel that allows a connection between driver's place and rear compartment independent of the turret position.

zona inter direc: Azimutal limiter for the turret rotation. While the rear troop hatches are open the turret can't rotate to the rear to prevent accidents and injuries.

Everything is right and I don't have the slightest idea about what may mean "comp deri", since I don't know the vehicle, sorry (lo lamento) :(

Cheers,

Panta

PS. BTW, it would be nice to be able to use that beautiful panel on a second screen!

As somebody somehow specialized in military journalism, I should know the military lingo used in that particular language, bur alas, it isn't possible. The Spaniards use their own militarese, sometimes derivative from the French --they call the tanks "carros", from the French "chars", for instance-- and their organization tables are different too.

In other Spanish-speaking (Latin American) countries things may differ, the American influence is strong, so many words are direct translations of the words used by the US military.

All this is to say that you better ask Erwin, he is Spanish, he is in the military and if he doesn't know, he'll find out... ;)

Cheers,

Panta