Battlefield leader losses and control logic.

Hedgehog

When a unit loses its leader the call sign of the unit changes, does this in anyway affect the AI control logic of the units actions that were planned before it loses the leader?

Well more to the point, its not the unit that loses the leader, in question, but the other units on the field that rely on the leaderless unit top be somewhere.

E.G.

1/A and 2/A are AI controlled, and perfoming a leapfrog advance.

1/A loses its platoon leader and becomes callsign 4/1/A, does 2/A continue as normal? Or does it wait at the next waypoint for intact 1/A callsign to arrive?

have you tested it? i'm pretty damn sure you're okay with a lost leader. now, if the leader loses his driver...show stopper for the platoon. Plt Ldr's vehicle stops, the platoon stops with him. in the meantime, they all die in place like good AI vehicles.

...Oh and twigged why it didn't 'work' it wasn't a callsign it was a whole (AI) unit that got wiped out. Ooops :c:

well, that will do it :)

just DL'd will get back to you. mind if i take a look at your battle in the east in the editor and recommend? post my first crack at the mission, of course. ;)

roflmao.... i just opened this up to take a look...maybe i'll play it in a few minutes, or go to sleep i thought when i read:

"Nod has been pissing us off in this region for the past 6 months."

that's my kind of mission! roflmao. i'm playing it as soon as i get some breakfast and coffee. LOL :biggrin: