Happy Independence Day!

Hackworth

you wouldn't believe the crap i woke up to this morning. this fine Saturday morning. a holiday in fact.

hippies. they dont cut their hair. they smell bad and want to save the environment to the detrement of my sleep. so, i wake up after 7 hours of blissful sleep to an effing acoustic guitar being strummed to the player's heart's content about 3 meters outside my window. i scrambled around looking for my cigs, dying for coffee. i walk out the door ignoring the player and ask my neighbor, you do realize it's 9 AM, right? the hippie says, "what did he say?". i keep walking. need coffee, out of cigs. so, i fill up on both, and return to my apartment. as i walk by, i repeat myself to my neighbor, a little more politely and with a smile this time adding, "go ahead. i'm already awake. but, i'm not sure who else isn't." the hippie asks her, "what did he say?" i'm not sure if it was the gray long pony tail getting in the way or if he's just old and hard of hearing. SO, i repeat myself again now that he's fully attentive. telling him to just go ahead. i'm already up.

good morning! AND HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY U.S.A.!

hug a hippie! then pull his hair.

They found another copy of the Declaration Of Independence in the National Archives this week, brings the total to 26 Copies now.

And why does America have a snazzy piece of paper saying they are an independent country?

Where is England's (or any other countries for that matter) piece of paper?

Do you actually need one to be an independent country?

Oh and, er, Happy Colonists Independence Day.

(We didn't really like the place anyway, it smells funny. :biggrin:)

:biggrin::biggrin:

yea, smells funny in some places. particularly 3 meters out my front door.

Nice.

Can you imagine doing a tax return back then?

"Sign here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here & on page 256....."

Not much difference is there? :)

And why does America have a snazzy piece of paper saying they are an independent country?

Where is England's (or any other countries for that matter) piece of paper?

Do you actually need one to be an independent country?

Oh and, er, Happy Colonists Independence Day.

(We didn't really like the place anyway, it smells funny. :biggrin:)

:biggrin::biggrin:

Well i sort of look at the Declaration of Independance as a sort of Reciept.You know,"We the undersigned acknowledge the reciept of one Rebellious Colony"

Our Piece of paper is the Magna Carta,i wont add the date as it only confuses the Colonials as they cant go back further than 300 years:biggrin::biggrin:

Just be glad that the Colonials were around to save you twice during the first half of the 1900's. :wink:

dont forget to mention we were joined by some courageous, talented Canadians. As we are now...oh, funny enough, the Brits are with us there as well, NTM the Germans, Swedes, Poles, and...and i sincerely apologize for leaving anyone out... P.S. i love you all. Peace, out.

funny how the Canuks (an affectionate offense :biggrin:) are the only ones standing fast with us in this thread. hell, anywhere it seems.

although the Brits, our friends, are denigrating as usual. i guess that defeat over 200 years ago still stings ;) kinda like an older brother who knows we beat him in a triathlon and still cant get over it…no matter how many times our backs are on the same wall fighting it out together.

Edited by Hackworth