Which Merkava was fielded the most during 2006 Lebanon war?

[]_--__[]KITT

Was it the Mk2, Mk3 or the Mk4?

Just curious. I've read from the news(internet and local newspaper) that their tanks performed not quite as expected against Hizbollah anti tank weapons.

So which tanks that they fielded the most during the conflict?

Mk 4 is state of the art tank would surprised me if they were fielded the most during the rather disappointing conflict.

Thanks

do a search for Merkava and you will find several posts with good links to AARs of the 2006 Lebanon war. It didn't perform horribly so much as it was deployed poorly...training, training, training... some Merks were hit a ton of times with no penetration just lots of damage. and surprisingly (since the press emphasized so much as to their lackluster performance) few of them were actually hit and damaged.

We had this discussion a couple of weeks ago before Deja (who seems eternally bored) hijacked the thread by asking "what do you want more, challenger 1 / 2 , merkava mk1 / 2 / 3/ 4, or M60A3," which had nothing to do with the topic but, I guess, amused him:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=11287&highlight=merkava+lebanon

Hack is correct. Google Merkava and Lebanon and you will find tons of stuff.

The problem wasn't the quality of the tank. It was tactics and lack of training (the tankers had been used so long as foot soldiers they were quite rusty).

HT

so what do you want more, challenger 1 / 2 , merkava mk1 / 2 / 3/ 4, or M60A3?

... muahahahaha

In SB Pro PE?

T80, Le Clerc, T72 in that order.

We really need some RED tanks

Back to topic,

I just found out the Israelis were thinking to discontinue Merkava Mk 4 production? which gladly they've decided not to.

Were they thinking to design a new tank from scratch? or were they thinking to buy tanks from abroad?

_--__[]KITT;147716']In SB Pro PE?

T80' date=' Le Clerc, T72 in that order[/size'].

We really need some RED tanks

Back to topic,

I just found out the Israelis were thinking to discontinue Merkava Mk 4 production? which gladly they've decided not to.

Were they thinking to design a new tank from scratch? or were they thinking to buy tanks from abroad?

It's Leclerc, it's a name, a code name, but a name.

Le Clerc... it's not a religious person!

You said RED tanks! S you consider French as ennemy? Interesting...

Anyway, if it's playable, it's welcome! ;)

CR2 Desert Modification :)

+1

It's Leclerc, it's a name, a code name, but a name.

Le Clerc... it's not a religious person!

You said RED tanks! S you consider French as ennemy? Interesting...

Anyway, if it's playable, it's welcome! ;)

+1

....err I don't understand what you mean. Why would I thought it was a religious person name? Could you please be more direct? So elaborate

Le Clerc is imo one of the most prettiest tank design around. So I'm kinda intrigued to see whether its performance is as good as its looks, it is kinda light. The only way to find out unfortunately is from SB Pro PE, though I can be somewhat certain that there would not be any Le Clerc in SB Pro PE, though a T-72 is a real possibility to make up for less than ideal AI in battle trainings.

What I referred as RED tanks would be the T-80 and T-72 and I don't consider RED as the enemy just the other side. I mean if we can play RED that will put the BLUE side as the enemy. Perhaps it would even make the world a little more peaceful:tongue: don't you think so Darklabor?

Yes, I was just joking because I saw Leclerc and red tank! LOL

In french Le Clerc is a clerk, somebody who's involved in religion.

The Leclerc main battle tank was named in honor of Marshal Philippe Leclerc.

Philippe François Marie (he's real name) entered in the resistance under the code name Jacques-Philippe Leclerc, wich became Marshal Leclerc. He led the free french 2nd armored division, and took part in the liberation of Paris in 1944...

Oh it's Leclerc then. Thanks for pointing that out.

I've been in the sgforum (singapore forums) lately and people there tend to attack others personally even sometimes(and I don't use any provocative sig or write provocative post). Maybe I got carried over. I don't get it the Christian forum crowds there seems to be more like unbelievers. If one doesn't believe why crowd at the Christian forums.