I'm back, but my game won't play. Help!

Shootme4fun

Ok, I'm on a new computer. I installed the game according to the instructions, but when I go to play, I get the message, "codemeter error. Make sure your codemeter is plugged into a usb port." It is! It is installed as well. Do I need to download something?

Next, if and when I finally get this working will I have to download the latest patch or do I need to download all of them? Anyhelp would be appreciated.

• Members
  1. Which Windows version are you using, XP? Vista? 32 bit? 64?
  2. Which Steel Beasts Pro PE version have you installed?
  3. Does Windows recognize the CodeMeter stick as a drive, e.g. in the Windows Explorer?
  4. Have you tried other USB ports?
  5. Does the CM stick blink "forever" in a repeating pattern? In which color(s)?

Ok, I'm on a new computer. I installed the game according to the instructions, but when I go to play, I get the message, "codemeter error. Make sure your codemeter is plugged into a usb port." It is! It is installed as well. Do I need to download something?

Next, if and when I finally get this working will I have to download the latest patch or do I need to download all of them? Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Yes, make sure you installed the game first then insert the Dongle. You may try to uninstall Steel Beasts, make sure the Dongle is not installed, then install the software. Once that is complete, insert the Dongle and try running the sim.

As for patches, if you have ver 2.460 then you have the latest and greatest version (for now)

• Members

Versions before 2.370 won't work with Vista "out of the box". Version 2.370 will work, but only with the 32 bit version. 2.460 will recognize both 64 and 32 bit versions and install correctly.

Older versions can be made to work by downloading and installing the latest CodeMeter runtime version (you must install the 64 or 32 bit version, depending on your operating system).

I am using Vista with a 64 bit OS. Windows does recognize it. Once the codemeter is plugged in, it will light up green for about two seconds and then blink red and green a few times. Eventually it stops and no color is lit. Yes, I have tried other USB ports. The version is at least two year old and I have not downloaded any of the newer ones.