Nvidea Geforce 7series

ht-57

• Members

Maybe it was just overriding the old settings to force general settings and switched back to application settings instead. As SB Pro still has no function (...) to set these factors from within the engine everything is off unless you set it in the driver options.

I've just had to roll my 7600GT back to 186.16 after the 190.38 driver trashed all my video settings - Steel Beasts PE wouldn't display with AA and AF any more but ran them perfectly fine with 186.16.

The new driver probably just lost it's profile for SB, all you have to do is create a new one in nvidia control panel

The new driver probably just lost it's profile for SB, all you have to do is create a new one in nvidia control panel

I did that , but it still didn't work even after multiple restarts -It ended up effecting the video settings in other games and sim's as well ,so I thought it'd just be simpler to just go back to one that I know works.

First time I've ever had problems with Nvidia drivers , usually its just a case of uninstall the old and load up the new and that's it.

Yes , decided to retry it last night and same thing - the really weird part is that when I put the 190.36 driver in, the "Standby" button in the shutdown options is greyed out and can't be clicked , but when I remove 190.36 and reinstall 186.16 its back :confused:

I'll just stick with what works and try again in a couple of updates.

• Members

That may be because Windows decides that one of the devices (in this case presumably the graphics card/its driver) doesn't support S1 (=suspend to RAM) energy save state. How to fix that, I don't know. But it should help you to google for a proper solution.