Single player sce in v2.460

daskal

Unfortunately a big part of the single player scenarios included in the v2.460 release (especially the contest ones) are pretty much unplayable. Problem is that daytime is set on quite a few of them with the new release to pitch black or bumpiness levels are at maximum rendering them unplayable. Bigger problem is that some of them are password protected so they cannot even be fixed by the user.

Has anyone even looked at this during beta testing? I think I can give you a list of which ones need fixing if that helps. Hope these will be corrected in the upcoming patch.

Knowing that all the contest sce's had been played at least once by the knowledgeable, veteran members of the community who judged the contests, I figured it would be a waste of time, but I opened every contest sce anyway, and found that only one opened with reduced daylight. Even so, it had easily playable levels of pre dawn/dawn light levels. The rest started in broad daylight. Big surprise. it would be helpful to include a scenario name.

If its too bumpy, slow down. The sce designer must have set it like that for a reason. Even 100% bumpiness does not stop vehicular movement. The earth has a bumpy surface, and half of it is covered in darkness at any one time. Deal with it.

And yes the contest sce's were looked at during beta testing. As you know, many bugs and exploits were fixed in 2.460 along with the many improvements that were made. I guess some things take getting used to. Dashing across terrain without a care is no longer a viable option.

As for the time, try checking the UTC offset in the date and time menu item of the mission editor and setting it to the UTC offset for that area. From Ssnake: "Added an option to the mission editor to define the Time of Day of a scenario. This will adjust the lighting of the scenery (still no shadows though, or the rendering of the sun itself) and update the brightness level and direction of the light source at runtime. To make it work properly, it's important to select the correct local time offset from UTC based on the longitude of the map used."

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=156774&postcount=5

Edited by Mogwa