Ive lost my usb key how do I get a replacement

silent-one

A. If you made a backup of your license, you can just purchase a blank codemeter stick and copy the license onto it.

B. If you don't have a backup of your license, you are out of luck and have re-purchase SBPE.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong....

• Members
A. If you made a backup of your license, you can just purchase a blank codemeter stick and copy the license onto it.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong....

Since you're asking for it: No, you can't, at least not without locking the old one (would be pointless if you could backup license data worth thousands of dollars and then restore them to a number of blank sticks for which you have to pay just a few dozen dollars, right?).

A restore of backed up data works only with the original stick, e.g. in case of a firmware update that has gone bad where Wibu Systems would then repair the damage.

Which is kinda pointless if you actually lose the stick.

Registered sticks that are being reported stolen may eventually get disabled by Wibu Systems as a service, but they depend on two things - that the thief knows that the CM stick contains (valuable) license data and that he cooperates enough to connect to the internet with the stolen stick is plugged in and the CM runtime active. You are out of luck if the thief thinks that he's stealing a flash drive and then throws away the CM stick because he thinks that the USB drive is broken ("Hey! It doesn't store any data! What a disappointment after all the risks that I took to steal it! Begone, you cruel joke of fate!").

In any case, please contact us by email if this happens so we can hopefully work out a solution.

Double click the CodeMeter icon in your taskbar.

Go to "Help" in the CodeMeter Control Center.

Click "Register CmStick".

Follow the instructions on the webpage.

If this doesn't look familiar, then assume you haven't registered your license. This must be done with the CM stick connected to the system, so it won't help you if it's already been lost.