Ssnake

• Members

We have made the decision to freeze the SB Pro PE code at this point, and are preparing the final steps towards the release of the incremental update from 2.460 to 2.483. This means that while the update will be made available for download

- you need to have 2.460 installed before you can install this version

- you need to have a CM stick with a valid license to run it

Unfortunately a few new developments didn't make the cut to be mature enough for a public release, among them night vision goggles. I'm sorry, it'll have to wait until the next version. Giving the player NVGs isn't enough, the behavior of computer-controlled units must be adapted as well and that would have taken a lot more testing time. Likewise there's a feature for deep snow simulation and visualization that will have to wait, as well as the Swedish FOV90. These will be released in a coming version.

I'm currently preparing the release notes with the version history and will probably post them tomorrow. I'll let you know when the software is ready for download.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for the update!

it'll have to wait until the next version
I know it is extremely early to ask this, but do you have a ballpark time horizon? 6 months, a year?
Likewise there's a feature for deep snow simulation and visualization that will have to wait
:o Does this mean we'd get to see tracks in the snow? Or is this more similar to the rock fields, that is, a visual indication of non-negotiable terrain?
as well as the Swedish FOV90.
Hm so no AMOS then? ;)

We have made the decision to freeze the SB Pro PE code at this point, and are preparing the final steps towards the release of the incremental update from 2.460 to 2.483. This means that while the update will be made available for download

- you need to have 2.460 installed before you can install this version

- you need to have a CM stick with a valid license to run it

Unfortunately a few new developments didn't make the cut to be mature enough for a public release, among them night vision goggles. I'm sorry, it'll have to wait until the next version. Giving the player NVGs isn't enough, the behavior of computer-controlled units must be adapted as well and that would have taken a lot more testing time. Likewise there's a feature for deep snow simulation and visualization that will have to wait, as well as the Swedish FOV90. These will be released in a coming version.

I'm currently preparing the release notes with the version history and will probably post them tomorrow. I'll let you know when the software is ready for download.

Sounds good!

I'm gonna prepare a beer for that moment! :biggrin:

2.483... Well, I'm glad to see an update, but it's really like a cake with no frosting. No NVGs for a while, and an unarmed crap vehicle in the works, when there were far nicer alternatives like the CV90-120 and BMP-3, as well as functional FOVs already in the sim. Seriously, when are we going to see playable Russian ANYTHING? Only silver lining I can see is that the CV-neutered90 is being delayed as well.

Why do you always Nay-Say Chuikov?

Dr Delaney and Co are only human with so many hours in the day.

Ssnake has given the company's reasons, so, learn to say thank you for their hard and dilligent work.

And the CV90-120 & BMP3 were never intended for inclusion.

Go back to the relevent thread and reread it, and remember this phrase, humour.

I find it really irritating when you spew unreferenced & unresearched BS over the forums.

And Ssnake, thanks. Looking forward to it.

Why do you always Nay-Say Chuikov?

Dr Delaney and Co are only human with so many hours in the day.

Ssnake has given the company's reasons, so, learn to say thank you for their hard and dilligent work.

And the CV90-120 & BMP3 were never intended for inclusion.

Go back to the relevent thread and reread it, and remember this phrase, humour.

It's fairly hard to thank anyone after what this community (and its moderators) have put me through. Same goes for humor. I just voiced my opinion that I thought we should have had a CV90-120 or a fully playable piece of Russian hardware. It came naturally after it was released that one of the best parts of the upgrade was being delayed, and the other best part was a big disappointment. And Snake never stated that the CV90-120 or BMP-3 were not candidates. He said many no's, one yes. Revisionist fail.
I find it really irritating when you spew unreferenced & unresearched BS over the forums.
Which is what most everyone else (I'm tempted to say "moderators included") does every time I open my mouth to say anything it seems, which is why I'm losing whatever sense of humor I might have. Let's get back on track, and ignore all the trolls that try to divert the thread with attacks on me. :casstet: It's always a good thing to have some bugs fixed, and I can't wait to see how the hardness affects the way the AFVs look when moving. And it's a stepping stone to the coolness that will be when NVGs are available. There we go.:thumbup:

It's fairly hard to thank anyone after what this community (and its moderators) have put me through. Same goes for humor. I just voiced my opinion that I thought we should have had a CV90-120 or a fully playable piece of Russian hardware. It came naturally after it was released that one of the best parts of the upgrade was being delayed, and the other best part was a big disappointment. And Snake never stated that the CV90-120 or BMP-3 were not candidates. He said many no's, one yes. Revisionist fail...

What does that have to do with this thread? And I am the best in the VU.
:mad2:

What does that have to do with this thread? And I am the best in the VU.

:mad2:

As for that last one, you evidently didn't bother reading the whole thread. I was talking about introducing the newest VU member, Shakes, to the Gunner/TC qualification course, while preluding how hard it would be. Ash took the opportunity to be a jackass about my gunning proficiency. What is the point of this latest post, unless it's to attack me again? And why drag this off the SBGeneral's forums? I think we all know why.

Like I said, we need to get back to the thread, and so we shall, unless more trolls seek to derail it. I concur with Zipuli, bring on the release notes, so we can see what goodies we're still getting.:yltype:

And Snake never stated that the CV90-120 or BMP-3 were not candidates.

CV90120 never has or will be candidate as no Country uses it, not even Sweden uses the CV90120...

He said many no's, one yes. Revisionist fail.

Yeah, he sayed "one yes" to my CV90FO claims ;)

and I agree with zipuli, bring on the Release notes! :D