Scenario assistance.

andym

I am currently making a small scenario.I have run into a small problem so wonder if anyone can offer any help.I have some Infantry that has had its transport destroyed(Trucks,but they dont HAVE to be trucks).They need to hold postion untill a relief force arrives to take them off to the next part of the scenario.The problem is,i can get the relief force to the Infantry but i cant get them to load themselves into the Vehicles of the relief force.I have tried all the "obvious" things but still no luck.

The only way I can think of is to spawn some PC's at the first position and off load the troops from them. Then you'd have to drive the vehicles off and have them come back later to pick up any survivors.

Unfortunatly, you can't load troops onto a vehicle that they didn't start in.

The only way I can think of is to spawn some PC's at the first position and off load the troops from them. Then you'd have to drive the vehicles off and have them come back later to pick up any survivors.

Unfortunatly, you can't load troops onto a vehicle that they didn't start in.

Bugger!Ok ill try a different tactic,looks like the scenario story will be changed toreflect this issue i think.

I did something similar for a TGIF mission.

Instead of using troops, tell a gaggle of trucks/PCs/whatever, to go to a particular waypoint. Tell them to loiter there for whatever frame of time you deem reasonable. Tell them then to go to where they came from (or somewhere else, if you like).

As no troops are in fact used, you don't need to wait for them to load onto vehicles they would have no interest loading onto at any rate. Instead, tie success or failure to the number of trucks/PCs/whatever which make it to a certain zone.

If applicable, Spawn if... troops to that zone, or deploy the troops of the relevant units there.

I can provide a scenario example, if need be. PM or email me and I'll provide.

Shot