SBP and WWII (part 2)

Skybird03

Questions for the "best tank game" appear every now and then, and since I first had a thread on it some weeks ago, I occasionally get asked why i do not rate Steel Fury as a serious sim (another story not belonging here, it was a big bad brawl last autumn), and if and how one could use SBP for WWII-like engagements.

I have summarised and illustrated what I think and hope is the complete list of how you could - to some degree - tune SBP in order to get a bit closer to fighting conditions back then. Find it here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154934

Feel free to contribute your additional tips, if I forgot something. Feel free to correct me where I went wrong. I then can correct the basic text accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...
WW2 sim and SB,just play panzer elite and mod it up...

I suppose you mean the almost 10 years old Panzer Elite, which I knew back then in form of that modded special ediiton that appeared later, and not the recent Panzer Elite Action, which is an action game. My point was exactly that SBP can be tuned to work as a nice surrogate for the lack of any WWII tank sim comparable to SBP if you want to do tank battles in the old, "manual" way. And Panzer Elite and Steel Fury really do not compare to SBP.

;)

• 3 years later...

I used to have that text set up as a forum thread, but the forum software ruined the formation and made it a terror to read every time I uploaded it again - it drove me crazy.

I have it now as a PDF file at Dropbox, can be downlaoded, printed or read online . nicely formatted. :)

This LINK, also in my sig.

From 2009.

• 1 year later...