Great Moments in Steel Beasts

ShotMagnet

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The unkillable T-72

I was playing the demo of SBG, the attack scenario. A tough nut to crack, but I did well. Reached the object with a sizeable force, killed all enemy, waited for the final attack...when suddenly I began to take deadly hits out of nowhere. BOOM-a tank...BOOM..a Bradley...and so on and so on. I took one of my tanks to check what the hell was happening when it too got killed. Then I noticed a Bradley trying to fire into the woods to the left of me. It had to move in position, squeezed off a few 25mm rounds before it too got burned. I took the XO Bradley myself and sneaked slowly towards the killed Bradley, trying to get a look at my enemy. I saw a glimpse...a T-72 had hidden deep in the woods, waited till my main force had bypassed it and then opened fire! I had never expected the AI to behave like that. I rolled back slowly and tried to get a shot at it from the back...TOW was useless because of the dense forrest. I reached a position...my Bradley fired...but none of the rounds seemed to have any effect on the tank. Instead it began to turn...I had grown quite angry however wanted to avoid my last Bradley being shot away...tried to backup while firing...BOOM...dead Bradley. At that moment I had one immobilized tank left and a couple of infantry squads. I ordered the latter to the T-72 to finally get rid of it...the battle was lost for me but I NEEDED that kill!! First squad arrives, runs around the tank, shoots-miss. T-72 opens with coax, mows them down. My eyes grew out of my head...I was kicking and screaming "SO YOU WANNA BE HERO OF THE SOVIET UNION??!!BUT ONLY A DEAD ONE!!!" Now it was up to my last squad. I commanded them, crouched, changed positions...first shot...hit but no effect!! MOVE...second shot...MISS. The T-72 turned around, almost facing my crunchies...when...third shot...

KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn...that was a relief!

"NOW YOU'RE A POSTHUMOUS HERO OF THE SOVIET UNION SUCKER!!"

In SB1, 'Tanks' scenario, playing in the gunner position. Took several hits, GPS down. Then I see a muzzle flash on a ridge. I take another hit, computer and stab down. I estimate the distance based on the muzzle flash (never saw the tank itself), and fire . And I hit it!!!

(I had to see that hit in the AAR, because seconds later I was dead).

My personal best shot ever. (I suck most of the time...) Sweet.

-Rump

In a scenario I made for SB1, where a soviet MRB is was attacking against a reinforced company of US equipment. I had an M1 that got immobilized by a near miss by an ATGM. The rest of the company withdrew to their secondary BP's, all the while 3 companies of tanks come rolling into the little valley where my M1 was stranded. Well I jumped in the gun and started unloading, figuring I'd take a few with me. I kept firing until I took a hit that stuck the turet, and then I proceded to watch an understrength MRB unload on that helpless tank. Hit after hit the M1 took but no kill. Pretty soon I noticed several platoons of t-80's shooting their coax and HMG's at me. Then it was pretty much all the soviet equipment in the valley. I came to the realization that they'd unloaded everything they had on that one tank, and it was still alive and.... well it wasn't kicking.

Well, of course we have all heard our children sing the songs they learned in school, that have been passed down over the generations, celebrating blues epic win in battle 4 of Operation Variable. I remember one from my childhood called "The CV-90s are no longer invincible" and of course "Hail Mog, for he TK'd the traitorous noob-tard"

And who can forget Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now... "I love the smell of burning CV-90s in the morning.... Smells like...Ritalin"

Mog

Edited by Mogwa

Define "more".

LOL I had to "un-ignore" him to see what you were talking about. Who knows what he means. Claiming to kill an M-1 with a single 40mm round shows the lack of credibility of the source. Back onto the ignore list with him.

Mog

If you need details, I fired 8 shots. The first 7 failed to penetrate the side armor, the 8th slid through the suspension and killed you. Go suck it. Greevil, took you 2 hours and use of 2 different guns to do it. Gay. How come every time I get victimized, (which is all too often) the moderators just join in? (COUGH Homer, among others COUGH) Fucking shit.

Posted by deja

Hey, what did ADD kids ever do to you?

Wait, you're talking about chuikov? carry on then..

If it was about YOU, then NO ONE would be talking about this. Complete shit. This thread is going way off topic. If it doesn't get back on topic soon, moderators LOCK THIS THREAD, or get it back on track, or you'll just be proving you're condoning all of this.

One from the distant past:

Mapman and I were doing a Paper Tiger scenario with the 29th AR. Map and I got lost, which happens a lot when you don't use the map the game provides and restrict yourself to the map you make before the mission starts.

Map and I got lost, therefore. At one point we lost each other and I popped smoke so that he could find me. Rule #1 for being lost. Come to a stop, let the other guy find you, and making ridiculously obvious where you are. Map found me.

We decided that we were very much west of where we should have been. We therefore turned east, and our two tanks plowed into the west flank of the enemy attack.

Hilarity ensued, and according to eyewitnesses yours truly earned his handle by absorbing (according to eyewitnesses) 47 hits from enemy vehicles.

Shot

Friends, Romans, countrymen; this is where the IGNORE function comes into its own.

I highly recommend using it with regard to a certain inane someone.

Shot

LOL Am I missing more profound witticisms? If so Ill un-ignore him and have a look. Sage advice, Shot

Edited by Mogwa
I was told I needed to look. LOL another demand to lock a thread.

...How come every time I get victimized, (which is all too often) the moderators just join in? (COUGH Homer, among others COUGH) Fucking shit.

First of all, my comment was directed at Mogwa because he trolled... and indirectly at you because you made it worse once again by falling for it hook, line, and sinker. You never learn.

You claim to be the victim here. Yet, at the same time, your actions are no different than your antagonist. Ever wonder why you get picked on so much? It's not a conspiracy as you believe, but rather you seem to have an innate ability to alienate people who comes into contact with you. For example, your statement above - You claim that the moderators join in every time. I challenge you to find a thread where any one of the moderators have done so. It's difficult to advocate for you when you falsely accuse us of doing things that we have never done.

...If it doesn't get back on topic soon, moderators LOCK THIS THREAD, or get it back on track, or you'll just be proving you're condoning all of this.

Don't tell us how to run this forum. We will treat it like every other thread that goes off topic and you can believe whatever you want.

@Deja - Edit your post please.