Reinstalling SB Pro P.E.

koga

If I were to reinstall SB from the original disc (whichever version was released 3 years ago) what things will I have to download again in order to get back up to the current version we are running now? Like patches and giant 6 part beta version download or all of them? :o

If you don't have the 2.460 upgrade (with the associated disk and other materials), you would need to install the Beta version again, but this is a separate install as well...

Right now, only 2.328 - which was a patch applied to the original distribution, or two full installs 2.370 (the 'Beta') and 2.460 are the 'end-of line' versions.

The new update will be 2.483 and will install over 2.460 only.

• 2 weeks later...

Starting from the original Pro PE, here's what I'm doing. If I get to the end this can serve as a guide for others. Whether I succeed or not, I submit the following to eSim as evidence that getting their product working is a tedious experience even with my fast ISP, and would benefit from some automation or consolidation.

Install original disk - version 2.251.

(A few days later...)

Download 2.262, extract 2.262, start to install. Discover that this requires the latest CodeMeter patch.

Download CodeMeter patch. Install.

Restart computer, because CodeMeter insists.

Try to install 2.262 - wizard requires original CD. Locate CD, insert.

Error 1500: Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one. Retry doesn't work. A minute later Retry mysteriously works.

Download 2.273. Extract 2.273.

Apply 2.273 patch. Works great, and very fast.

Download 2.304, extract, discover that 2.273 wasn't necessary.

Apply 2.304. Oooh, that looked like scenarios, maybe.

Download 2.328, extract 2.328. Requires DirectX 9c. Sweet, I have that!

Download 2.328 Hotfix, doesn't need to be extracted. Run. Seems to work.

Start to download 2.370 - wait a minute, this doesn't overwrite the existing one. Do I need it at all? Hopefully I don't. What version are people playing online these days, anyway? Do they all have 2.460?

Cross fingers. Skip 2.370.

Order 2.460. Wait.

Perhaps eSim is angry with me for not having 2.460 already, and this is my punishment. :)

Edited by Hell_Hound

2.483 isn't technically a stand alone installation, but it does remove 2.460 in the process so its not really a patch.

This would probably explain my little dilemma yesterday.I own 2.460 so decided to install 2.483 in my lunch hour.However it was taking longer to install than expected so I cancelled it at approx 50 % rather than have my PC running all afternoon.

When I came to re-install it in the evening 2.483 said I needed 2.460 to install.It must have removed 2.460 when I cancelled the install.

Anyway it's sorted now.

*Ooops,1st post in 2 and a half years? Just goes to show how good the software is if I haven't needed help!*