Nice AAR over at SimHQ

Ssnake

• Members

Read it here.

Job well done!

I'd like to see more like these over at SimHQ. More coverage over the past months has increased our PE sales figures a bit which probably means that you're seeing more people to play with here as well. At least that's the theory.

If you're posting AARs, SimHQ players who don't come here might want to get in touch with you as well, so I guess it's a win-win situation. :)

That AAR was great. I think I picked up a few tactical tips just by reading it.

I just bought the sim a couple of weeks ago, and would really like to try multiplayer, but I'm worried that my newbie status might put my team at a disadvantage.

I'm not a complete hack and do manage to rack up some kills before I inevitably catch a sabot with my face. However I think practicing with a group might be a good way to learn the ropes, not to mention tremendous fun.

Does anyone have any tips for getting started with an organized multiplayer session like this? Are there any "newb-friendly" virtual units?

Thanks,

GG

[quote name=greengriffon;147784

Does anyone have any tips for getting started with an organized multiplayer session like this? Are there any "newb-friendly" virtual units?

Thanks' date='

GG

The Generals, commanded by General billy plays like eweryday in the ewening wich is good for a newcomer as you get much practice. and that you new... well we have all been green once... if someone is rude (wich is damn rare over here) just remind him that you are new and that he has been so to once.

The best way to learn is to get online and play, SP wont teach you what you learn in MP.

Welcome aboard btw

/KT

Griffon,

The best way to learn is by trying! Hop in to SB TeamSpeak channel, and join a game with few poeple and there you go! If you are not very certain of your skills, a COOP scenario is a good starter. When you got your confidence up, then go for head to head and kick some ass and get yours kicked ;). I know many players who actually play COOP most the time and enjoy head to head less.

And for encouragement, this community is one of those you can ask stuff from and they won't keep the info just for themselves as seen in few other communities (trying to keep advantage over other players to look cool etc.)!

Also if you bump into me sitting in the in-game red or in-game blue -channels in the SB Teamspeak I usually am hosting a free-for-all session, so you are more than welcome to join!

Zip

P.S. Thanks guys for your kind words and ability to see past all those typos and language errors :) I try to write a bit more often in future too - last one I did was in 2006...

Read it here.

Job well done!

I'd like to see more like these over at SimHQ. More coverage over the past months has increased our PE sales figures a bit which probably means that you're seeing more people to play with here as well. At least that's the theory.

If you're posting AARs, SimHQ players who don't come here might want to get in touch with you as well, so I guess it's a win-win situation. :)

You're right, that's how I decided to buy my copy. I'm still waiting for it to arrive next week. Hello All, btw.

Sabre10.

That AAR was great. I think I picked up a few tactical tips just by reading it.

I just bought the sim a couple of weeks ago, and would really like to try multiplayer, but I'm worried that my newbie status might put my team at a disadvantage.

I'm not a complete hack and do manage to rack up some kills before I inevitably catch a sabot with my face. However I think practicing with a group might be a good way to learn the ropes, not to mention tremendous fun.

Thanks,

GG

Just hop in :) The SB-people seem to be very friendly and helpful to newbies. Personally, I'm no professional tanker and like the COOPs most, but the occassional HTH is nice too (getting ass kicked 90% of the time teaches some humility :biggrin: )

I'm thinking about writing some AARs in english with screenshots (SimHQ would be nice location), I hope eSim does not sue me for writing AARs that are much more mediocre than Zipuli's great ones :) Perhaps you'll get a noticeable dip in sales if I write something? :biggrin: