Request for a British Army Mod

FletchRDG

I bought steal beast gold edition and found it amazin, me and my dad would play it for hours on end and thought that there should be a British Army Mod. The Abrams M1A1, The Leopard 2A4 and the Russian tanks were pretty good but i thought that there should be a British Element aswell. My father being in the British Army and all it would be awesome just to see the Brits act along side the americans and Canadians perhaps even the Germans.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would be wery welcome :)

unfortunly there wont be anything anytime soon...

But.... if he can get some good pics of the CR2 with from top it would help dejawolf wich I know works on a 3D model of the CR2. but that doesnt garanty to get the vehicle into the game thoe :(

so far we will have to do with just skining existing tanks :)

ah, no problems. im still sort of gettin used to the tactics so no biggy realli, I can get views from all sides if he needs them. I can get my hands on a set of blue prints of the Char2 and also the Bradleys sister APC, the Worrior. also the the British 4x4 defender 110/90 wolf and a Bedford flatbed/canvas truck and Char variant, the Charrv (challenger armoured recovery and repair vehicle). just thinkin of like the british equivalants of the american gear. anyways i can get it all

I can get views from all sides if he needs them. I can get my hands on a set of blue prints of the Char2 and also the Bradleys sister APC, the Worrior. also the the British 4x4 defender 110/90 wolf and a Bedford flatbed/canvas truck and Char variant, the Charrv (challenger armoured recovery and repair vehicle).

I would love to get my hands on those, and im sure Deja would to (atleast for the CR2 wich I know he works on from time to time)

A wish to be added would be the FV432 as well as you still field many of them as supportvehicles (ambulances, mortar carrier etc)

I have done a few british skins for SBP (leo2A5DK,CV90B and M88) but thats the closest we are right now of having brits in the game.

Contact me on: Kingtiger45@msn.com please ;)

/KT

Hmm...don´t think there will ever be any kind of mod for SB GOLD in the future...

Correct, to be precise I doubt there will ever be mods more then sound,grafik and skins to any SB version.

But yeah, we talk Steelbeats Pro Personal Edition here when we speak of the posibility to have british vehicles in the game, still its faaaaaar from sure we can ever have it, but we can still atleast do the 3D work and prepare as much as possible and then maybe try to pursuade Ssnake to put it in :)

/KT

Well, would you want your treasured £5,000,000 Tank's secret laid bare to the world? Be like saucy photos of your missus appering on the net.

Thought not.

I've played SB 1 for ages, trust me get SB Pro PE, its sooooo much better.

well worth £60

considering an Xbox game is £40 new, SB blows it out of the water.

www.esimgames.com (just in case you don't know already)

no challenges or warrior until the british army employ sbpro as a training tool. would be nice though. to much of challenger is still classified.

There is enough open data to atleast make it AI vehicles of them anyway.

Btw WHAT is classified on them?

Firecontrol system: heck ask some gunner, he can tell you how it works.

Armor: there are some good estimations around, I know Esimgames use to use a reliable source

So I think a fairly good models can be created just by using known sources and relaible estimations.

The biggest issue is if Esimgames wants to take that on them to do...

And we all knows that the T-72 has prio when it comes to finish stuff.

/KT

KT, there's something you should know, when you write "Deja is working on a challenger 2, but he's not going to finish it in a long time" the person who reads it is only going to read the first part, and dance around the room in delirium, tell all his friends the fantastic news, then come back to read the second part, by which time everyone thinks that the challenger 2 was implemented 2 years ago, is already fully modeled, and little green gnomes work for esim games.

KT, there's something you should know, when you write "Deja is working on a challenger 2, but he's not going to finish it in a long time" the person who reads it is only going to read the first part, and dance around the room in delirium, tell all his friends the fantastic news, then come back to read the second part, by which time everyone thinks that the challenger 2 was implemented 2 years ago, is already fully modeled, and little green gnomes work for esim games.

Hahaha your right deja, unfortunly!

DISCLAIMER!

CR2 ARE IN NO WAY IMPLEMENTED IN SB OR CLOSE TO BE SO IN ANY KIND OF WAY,SMALL WORK HAS BEGUN BUT ESTIMATION FOR IMPLEMENTION IS T-72 PLUS 5 YEARS.

Alright, good enough? :)

I know lol sorry, i was flicking back and forth through game and this. well id of thought you could buy it in the shops, i bought SB GE in germany in a 5 Euro section, i realli dont know why it was in there, its the best tank sim ever. I think that it would be good to have the Challenger and worrior in the game and i can see why it would be classified but its only the power plant and ammunition ( not so much the ammunition as its information is all over the net) if Esim gets a contract with the Ministry of Defence UK then it will be able to have an inside view of the challenger 2. The Classified information doesnt need to be edited into the game, its not as if we're repairing the engine. just need to know the unit and its function and maybe how fast it can go.

oh dear kt. it would appear that you have opened the worlds biggest can of worms!

classified info is not the nature of ammunition or the power pack as that is widely known as are the dimensions and capabilities. the classified stuff is the armour - strengths and weakness. but it is right to say that should a contract be made between the MOD and ESim Games then yea i am sure the correct modelling could be achieved. i for one can see the enormous benefit that this software could bring to training.