2.483 patch. Error 1316

Jartsev

Is it possible the new installer isn't 'foreign' character aware? That the user installation path includes characters not encoded in the 'Western/US/European' character set?

I'm not saying this relates in anyway to the error reported here, but it might be worth a try to uninstall 2.460, reinstall it into a simple path with only western characters in the filename and path, and then try to update again. Small chance of any improvement I think, and it could take a couple of hours to try, but it would be faster than re-downloading a huge patch that is 'correct' only to find the same problem still exists with the replacement.

Is it possible the new installer isn't 'foreign' character aware? That the user installation path includes characters not encoded in the 'Western/US/European' character set?

Why do you mean by 'foreign' characters? I am downloading from the office, we have OS in French and the error message appears at the end of the downloading. I don't feel like installing a defective patch, just to have to uninstall 2.460 and re-install it again... :sonic:

btw, the 'defective download is exactly 737,676,203 bytes, or 737,677,312 bytes on disk.

Dunno, it was just a suggestion - accented characters, cyrillic etc. (the second failure was from Estonia). French should be within the common scheme though? So this suggestion can probably be ruled out.

You say the problem occurred at the end of the process? What sections had completed at that point? (Detection/verification/copying/verification/removal)? Could it be UAC not allowing access to files marked for removal?

What path is your 2.460 installed to? What windows version are you using? Is UAC turned on or off?

Your file size agrees to mine, (size on disc slightly different, but that will depend on partion and file system type and size).

You say the problem occurred at the end of the process? What sections had completed at that point?

Nyet, nyet, tovarisch, the error popup appeared at the end of the downloading process of the patch, not during its installation.

And now I have re-downloaded it and no mysterious popup this time and the file has the same size...berp!

Thus, I will give it a try later on, when I'll be back at the base. :debile2: