Pizarro 30mm HE not exploding on ground impact

Hase

Possible bug: Pizarro 30mm HE not exploding on ground impact anymore.

Effect on infantry only by direct hit on soldier.

No dust explosion visible or audible unless hitting a building. Didn´t try trees and vehicles.

Dust cloud of impact (no explosion!) seems smaller than a KE impact.

Tested by placing one Pizarro and several infantry squads in the editor.

Hase

same here. see attached. i fired some HE into the side of the BMP (it's blind) and the impacts acted like HE; no kill, many hits. i flipped to KE and killed it with like 2 hits. shooting at the INF with HE, the effect, both visually and that of the ammunition itself, was amlost identical to the KE rounds. i shot them with both types.

(see attached sce.)

TESTER94_rar.5438fe059d06bb87ada59dd8a3e

TESTER94.rar

• 1 year later...
2.546: Pizarro 30mm HE now bounce of the ground and occasionally explode in some tree or building.

H

Sure, when you shoot short...

I think everything works with the Pizzaro ammo, try it against a BMP!

Last but not least: You have to hit the Infantry to kill them.

Visual effect isn´t the same as for M2, please try again.

• Moderators

Yes, that is indeed a bug. All I can say is, in the Pizarro, use coax against infantry until the next update. The Pizarro had this MP-T problem since it is was first introduced, and it seems to be quite a pesky and complex bug. The only difference was that in the previous versions only SOME of the MP-T rounds would detonate and some would not, but now it seems all of them ricochet. :( This probably has something to do with the fact that it is a multipurpose round of some sort, so SB is thinking it is a KE round on ground impact.

As Tacbat said, it was found during testing but we were occupied with a great deal of major issues that we had to address and this got pushed to a future update. I hope you understand.

Thanks folks, I didn´t want to sound harsh or impatient, only wanted to remind of this bug.

@Tacbat: Yes, I would expect an small explosion with at least some effect on nearby infantry instead of the ricochet.

Greets

Hase

• 7 years later...

Today I was studying the Pizarro. When you select KE it selects the Left magazine.. and when selecting HE, it does the Right Magazine. 

It is supposed that has both magazines with same type of bullet. So they should be KE or HE mabye? or the LEFT is for KE and Right for HE?

Anyway.. as said by others there is not explosions in ground still.

You are right. I saw in the tutorials how they explote. But in the mission I made it was left KE and Right MPAT and the explosive one didn't explote when hitting ground.

I suppose it should say in the message panel that you have loaded M-Pat one, but it didn't . Don't know....

Thanks.