Canadian Forces manuals

GaryOwen

Having read the recent discussion regarding The Counterstroke, Kenneth Macksey's sequel to First Clash, I went searching for a copy. Not being able to ever find a copy or listing on Amazon or eBay, I went searching for Canadian field manuals. I found this site:

Canadian Forces: Army Electronic Library. I downloaded and reviewed several of the available manuals and have posted some that seemed pertinent to the downloads area. I was hoping that Sean, Homer, or whichever behind the scenes person handles such things, would be kind enough to create a category in the downloads library for the Canadian stuff that would correspond with the US Army and Marine Corps manuals.

Thanks.

BTW, still no joy on finding Counterstroke.

Given this proviso at the Canadian Forces AEL; Important Notices Page it seems that reposting unaltered files should be okay provided that the source is identified.

Non-commercial Reproduction

Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission by the Department of National Defence. We ask only that:

*Users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;

*The Department of National Defence be identified as the source department; and

*The reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made, in affiliation with or with the endorsement of the Department of National Defence.

If there is some indication that posting the files here would be a copyright violation or implicate security issues, perhaps the files should be withdrawn.

• Members
Given this proviso at the Canadian Forces AEL; Important Notices Page it seems that reposting unaltered files should be okay provided that the source is identified.

One could however argue that posting it at SteelBeasts.com serves a commercial purpose. I think it'd be better if it was hosted on a non-official fansite. You could still post the link.