****Pro PE File Paths****

Sean

• 9 months later...

Well you can't make a "new" vehicle.

All you can do is "vismod" an existing vehicle to be a proxy of the one you want.

So in the other thread on this you are running, PzBtl 911 have offered you some skins for the existing G-Wagon so it can be used to represent the UAZ.

• 2 months later...

EMiner wrote: Well under 8.0 they;'e in - local drive/program data/esim Games/Steel Beasts/maps...at least on my box they are.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. For me (using Win7) it's the same folder; i.e. C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\Maps.

After searching all over for an appdata folder, only to find out that this folder is a "junction" and not a real folder anyway, and following numerous other dead ends because I have nothing better to do, I finally came across your post. Thanks again.

• 8 months later...
raw file? you mean compressed? Just unpack them and copy into the right folder.

No, as in SB1 days; *.raw rather than *.hgt. Most of the old raw format maps are still available in the downloads section, but the majority of those old missions will still run with the current map format; you may not be able to edit them though. As to the original question: the older *.raw map files get placed in the height map folder. If possible you can then open the matching mission and replace the old map with the updated version, though it can result in a lot of fresh map editing to make everything work right.

No, as in SB1 days; *.raw rather than *.hgt. Most of the old raw format maps are still available in the downloads section, but the majority of those old missions will still run with the current map format; you may not be able to edit them though. As to the original question: the older *.raw map files get placed in the height map folder. If possible you can then open the matching mission and replace the old map with the updated version, though it can result in a lot of fresh map editing to make everything work right.

Doh'...was thinking "rar".

Thanks for the correction

• Members
Really - that simple? Will give it a go and save them in the maps/height folder with the other .hgt files. So it does not need a corresponding .ter file?

Originally BOTH *.ter and *.hgt files had the file ending *.raw. While the height maps were much bigger than the terrain maps, it still led to confusion. Also, at later stages the file format for ter files mutated considerably.

Anyway, in order to reduce the confusion the file extensions were changed some twelve years ago, but at least height maps can still be renamed from *.raw to *.hgt. The days of the HGT file format are coming to an end with version 4.0 (coming this June), so enjoy it while it lasts. ;)

Now, in your case, from your description there simply doesn't seem to be a terrain map in the RAR file that you downloaded. You just got hills (that is, the elevation profile). You can of course create your own TER file by going to the map editor, selecting "File ... New", and then picking the hgt file. This will create an empty map filled with grass, and import the hills from this file. Then it's up to you to fill it with rivers, lakes, forests, a road network, and villages.

The biggest practical advantage of downloading that height map probably is that you may now edit scenario files based on this height map ... if you have any.

• Members

Not necessarily. The terrain map would always be included in the scenario file. To the extent that the mission designer chose to have the height map embedded in the scenario file, it will work out of the box to PLAY it, you just couldn't save any changes to the scenario file in the mission editor.

Only if the height map is not embedded but rather linked to the original file you couldn't play the scenario without the corresponding file in place.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to be a real pain the arse, but where should I dump all the new maps/scenarios I've downloaded from the Downloads section of these forums?

I'm using the most current version - SB Pro P.E. 4.023 - and I'm on Windows 10.

The folders I have found have been:

* C:\Users\user's name\AppData\Roaming\eSim Games\Steel Beasts

- options

- records

* C:\Users\user's name\AppData\Local\eSim Games\Steel Beasts

- temp Tex

C:\Users\user's name\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts

- AAR

- export

- kml

- logs

- media

- mods

- My Callsign Templates

- My Operations

- My Scenarios

- My Unit Template

- reports

- savedImages

* = hidden folder

1 hour ago, HaplessTeaCosy said:

Sorry to be a real pain the arse, but where should I dump all the new maps/scenarios I've downloaded from the Downloads section of these forums?

I'm using the most current version - SB Pro P.E. 4.023 - and I'm on Windows 10.

The folders I have found have been:

* C:\Users\user's name\AppData\Roaming\eSim Games\Steel Beasts

- options

- records

* C:\Users\user's name\AppData\Local\eSim Games\Steel Beasts

- temp Tex

C:\Users\user's name\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts

- AAR

- export

- kml

- logs

- media

- mods

- My Callsign Templates

- My Operations

- My Scenarios

- My Unit Template

- reports

- savedImages

* = hidden folder

I just open the main menu in windows 10 pick the esim Games folder and then pick the shared scenario folder then i don't need to remember where to put them except if it single or multiplayer scenario and put them in their respective folders 

MD

• Members

Maps go into C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\height (and ..\terrain, respectively)

Scenarios, I'd put into My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\My Scenarios (and then into any subdirectory that you like)