Tutorial Scenario Advice

Toyguy

OK, I'm working my way through the M1A1 tutorials, moving along well, until I get to the Artillery one. The briefing suggests using FASCAM on the map points Mine1-Mine5 but when I call for that, the arrival time is like 5 minutes past the scenario's overall duration. I can get HE and ICM to show up in about half a minute, but I'm not understanding how it's supposed to hit anything as the Red units just whip down the road faster than the barrage can get there.

Any hints or suggestions for the noob on this one?

Any hints or suggestions for the noob on this one?

Try the attached modified file.

Sometimes enhancements to the software require that older scenarios be updated to reflect improved features such as the more realistic time-on-target for FASCAM missions.

I've edited the scenario so that the FASCAM mines can be called using triggers, thus their time-on-target is only time-of-flight after the triggers are set.

56e83c821c493_modifiedartilleryscenario_

modified artillery scenario.zip

• Members

Things changed a bit over time. Originally we had it more or less like any type of artillery ammunition. Reality is however that FASCAM if delivered by tube artillery requires an enormous volume of fire to be effectibe (several batteries), or will take quite a while (and tie down that battery so that it cannot perform any other mission). Consequently it is best left to MLRS rocket artillery as the delivery system, but MLRS usage is limited to the battalion commander and above.

So, in the tactical scope of SB Pro the player will never be in the position to make the call about FASCAM TRPs.