H hour?

Panta

• Moderators

Additionally, here is this:

(from _Joint Publication 1-02, Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms, 12 April 2001 (As Amended Through 19 August 2009)_)

page 564 (original formatting retained)

"times — (C-, D-, M-days end at 2400 hours Universal Time (Zulu time) and are assumed to

be 24 hours long for planning.) The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff normally

coordinates the proposed date with the commanders of the appropriate unified and

specified commands, as well as any recommended changes to C-day. L-hour will be

established per plan, crisis, or theater of operations and will apply to both air and

surface movements. Normally, L-hour will be established to allow C-day to be a 24-

hour day. a. C-day. The unnamed day on which a deployment operation commences

or is to commence. The deployment may be movement of troops, cargo, weapon

systems, or a combination of these elements using any or all types of transport. The

letter “C” will be the only one used to denote the above. The highest command or

headquarters responsible for coordinating the planning will specify the exact meaning

of C-day within the aforementioned definition. The command or headquarters directly

responsible for the execution of the operation, if other than the one coordinating the

planning, will do so in light of the meaning specified by the highest command or

headquarters coordinating the planning. b. D-day. The unnamed day on which a

particular operation commences or is to commence. (JP 3-02) c. F-hour. The

effective time of announcement by the Secretary of Defense to the Military

Departments of a decision to mobilize Reserve units. d. H-hour. The specific hour on

D-day at which a particular operation commences. e. H-hour (amphibious

operations). For amphibious operations, the time the first assault elements are

scheduled to touch down on the beach, or a landing zone, and in some cases the

commencement of countermine breaching operations. (JP 3-02) f. L-hour. The

specific hour on C-day at which a deployment operation commences or is to

commence. g. L-hour (amphibious operations). In amphibious operations, the time

at which the first helicopter of the helicopter-borne assault wave touches down in the

landing zone. (JP 3-02) h. M-day. The term used to designate the unnamed day on

which full mobilization commences or is due to commence. i. N-day. The unnamed

day an active duty unit is notified for deployment or redeployment. j. R-day.

Redeployment day. The day on which redeployment of major combat, combat support,

and combat service support forces begins in an operation. k. S-day. The day the

President authorizes Selective Reserve callup (not more than 200,000). l. T-day. The

effective day coincident with Presidential declaration of national emergency and

authorization of partial mobilization (not more than 1,000,000 personnel exclusive of

the 200,000 callup). m. W-day. Declared by the President, W-day is associated with

an adversary decision to prepare for war (unambiguous strategic warning). (JP 3-02)"

• 5 weeks later...
I am shocked, I thought you were a combat vet? Or is it just something west point grads. Or high ranking brass know?

I'm not, and I never suggested I was... I don't know where you get that idea from. I was really just being a smartass when I said that about H-Hour while still trying to point to the correct answer...

I'm not, and I never suggested I was... I don't know where you get that idea from. I was really just being a smartass when I said that about H-Hour while still trying to point to the correct answer...

then i was misinformed by either someone who was misinformed themselves or they were lyin. Glad you corrected my info about you.

Regards

Ash

then i was misinformed by either someone who was misinformed themselves or they were lyin. Glad you corrected my info about you.

Regards

Ash

I'll be blunt, I would have joined up when I became of age, unfortunately I am 4F, and I couldn't join if I tried. Otherwise I probably would have joined the military when I was 17 or 18. The main reason I play sims like this is because I can't do the real thing.

I'll be blunt, I would have joined up when I became of age, unfortunately I am 4F, and I couldn't join if I tried. Otherwise I probably would have joined the military when I was 17 or 18. The main reason I play sims like this is because I can't do the real thing.

sorry i mistook u for someone else. my humble apologies.