Damage if / repair if trouble

daskal

Here is what I'm trying to set up:

1. by reaching 'Area 1' gunner gets disabled and coax goes out

2. after task is complete at 'Area 1' unit proceeds to 'Area 2' - gunner and coax are "repaired", but GPS get knocks out this time.

3. after task is complete at 'Area 2' unit proceeds to 'Area 3' and everything gets repaired on the unit.

Here is how I set it up:

1. Area 1 - 'Damage if' -> gunner, coax - > if unit is in area 1

2. Area 2 - 'Repair if' -> gunner, coax - if unit is in area 2

'Damage if' -> GPS - if unit is in area 2

3. Area 3 - 'Repair if' -> Repair all - if unit is in Area 3

And this is what happens:

1. unit moves to 'Area 1' - gunner and coax get disabled

2. unit moves to 'Area 2' - gunner and coax are repaired but knocked out right away again, then repaired and knocked out again and so on so forth. It's like the 'damage if' would have an endless effect, even when 'repair if' becomes true it knocks out the equipment again. GPS goes out as planned, that works fine.

3. once at Area 3 'repair if' - 'repair all' enabled - GPS gets repaired, but gunner will be killed off right away after he has been revived.

Any help/advice would be welcome.

Dask,

I had something similar happen to me awhile back. Maybe this will help:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=13577&highlight=repair

Thanks a bunch! Although I was hoping there was a way to go around this with events and conditions as I wanted the malfunctions and repairs happen automatically :(

Triggers require a manual input from the player - but looks like there is no other solution for this.

• Members

It may be worth a try, e.g. combine it with the Event "Unit in Area 2" (or Area 3 respectively) not being true. That way everything should get damaged in the beginning but hopefully not again once that the target areas have been reached...?