Leo 2A5 Lasing

Toyguy

How do you select to use first return rather than last return if you're not using a joystick, on the Leo 2A5? The ~ key seems not to work, and I don't read German for the interior views :D

Thanks!

Dave

If you are having trouble with the German internal panels on the Leo2 try using THIS skin. :)

• 3 months later...

The Leopards are slightly different to the M1A1.

While the M1A1 has a single Lase button, and selects the first or last return pulse based on the status of the switch on the GCP, the Leopards vary a bit:

Leopard 2A4. Only Last return.

Leopard 2A5DK, Leopardo 2E, Strv122. CDR, only Last return. GNR, last return with CTRL/Joy#2, first return Joy#4. The Gunner has a rocker switch and can always select the appropriate mode by deflecting the switch to the left/right according to desired behaviour. I have updated the Wiki to reflect this on the 2A5DK page (missed that correction from the 2A4 when updating the vehicle page... Nuts :()

It is also missing/incorrect in the tutorials "Gunner B" and I'll look get the text updated.

Leopard 2A4 has only last return lasing, correctly indicated as button #2.

Leopard 2A5DK has no mention of dual mode lasing, should be button #2/#4.

Strv 122 has button #2/#3 listed, should be button #2/#4.

Leopardo 2E has the correct description of the current behaviour.

The Key binding is "Alt ranging", just below "Toggle Laser Return First/Last". By default there is no key associated with this, only Joy#4, but click here to activate the remapping and assign a suitable key, then click OK.

Incidentally, you can access the control mapping from with a running scenario, so any mapping errors can be fixed without restarting. Obviously preferable to do this during tutorials, or when paused in single play, but it could be done even during MP action if a control is missing or hardware fails.

The Leopards are slightly different to the M1A1.

While the M1A1 has a single Lase button, and selects the first or last return pulse based on the status of the switch on the GCP, the Leopards vary a bit:

Leopard 2A4. Only Last return.

Leopard 2A5DK, Leopardo 2E, Strv122. CDR, only Last return. GNR, last return with CTRL/Joy#2, first return Joy#4. The Gunner has a rocker switch and can always select the appropriate mode by deflecting the switch to the left/right according to desired behaviour. I have updated the Wiki to reflect this on the 2A5DK page (missed that correction from the 2A4 when updating the vehicle page... Nuts :()

It is also missing/incorrect in the tutorials "Gunner B" and I'll look get the text updated.

Leopard 2A4 has only last return lasing, correctly indicated as button #2.

Leopard 2A5DK has no mention of dual mode lasing, should be button #2/#4.

Strv 122 has button #2/#3 listed, should be button #2/#4.

Leopardo 2E has the correct description of the current behaviour.

The Key binding is "Alt ranging", just below "Toggle Laser Return First/Last". By default there is no key associated with this, only Joy#4, but click here to activate the remapping and assign a suitable key, then click OK.

Incidentally, you can access the control mapping from with a running scenario, so any mapping errors can be fixed without restarting. Obviously preferable to do this during tutorials, or when paused in single play, but it could be done even during MP action if a control is missing or hardware fails.

Cool, thanks, that was the exact info I was looking for.