TTVIII custom variant

daskal

This scenario is a custom made Tank Table VIII qualification for the M1A1(HA). Before submitting it to the actual Download section I will publish it here in order to get some player testing/feedback. You'll need to have a decent knowledge of the M1A1 in SB Pro PE (I would say having comleted the gunner + TC tutorials for the M1A1 can be considered as a prerequisite for this one) The scenario is randomized - latest version is attached:

EDIT: had to update the sce due to a major bug:

56e83c82bc192_TankTableVIIIM1A1(HA)custo

Tank Table VIII M1A1(HA) custom variant - v2.zip

Edited by daskal

OK, I tried this one. I can make it to the first BP (the tank automatically goes there) I'm able to kill the two squads of infantry from the gunner's position. But, after that nothing happens. I waited 10 minutes, nothing, I hit "C" to continue. I also went to the map screen and hit the triggers. Still nothing.

OK, I tried this one. I can make it to the first BP (the tank automatically goes there) I'm able to kill the two squads of infantry from the gunner's position. But, after that nothing happens. I waited 10 minutes, nothing, I hit "C" to continue. I also went to the map screen and hit the triggers. Still nothing.

Well it's in the briefing and instruction is also given in Text as well: after the trucks are destroyed you have to search and destroy a stationary T-72 from the TC position using the override controls. The gunner is disabled at BP2, so after the trucks have been eliminated you have hit F2 in the commanders position and start using the Palm switch. (make sure the maingun is indexed - you may have to hop into the gunners seat for a sec in order to do this)

So this should be this way.

Edited by daskal

It does not seem to work for me no matter what I do. The tank moves to the 1st BP, I complete the BP1 Task of destroying the two infantry squads.

I jump into the TC Position and go to the TC Override, pan around and wait. I then go to the CWS position a do the same. I jumped back into the gunners position to see if the coax is disabled. It still works. The tank does not go to BP2 so I can complete the next task on the briefing list. It just stays at BP1. I'm pretty sure I killed all of the infantry that appear. I turned my ground clutter down to zero to see if there were any left, and there were none.

Hi Alan, thanks for pointing this out - indeed I seem to have made some last minute changes to the sce, and there was a wrong condition right at the beginning. Fixed scenario attached in the first post. Thanks for the help with the play-testing!

Daskal, your fix for the 1st BP worked. I'm able to continue on to BP2. Now I've run into another problem. After I destroy the two trucks with the .50cal and switch over to override the gunner to destroy the T-72, I cannot fire the main gun. After thinking about it for a sec I see why the gunner is disabled and not the gun (what would the TC shoot if the main gun is damaged). Anyway that T-72 is just sitting there and all I can do is shoot spitballs at him :)

EDIT:

I am able to continue if I go to the observer's position and let the AI do the shooting.

Edited by Alan323

Daskal, your fix for the 1st BP worked. I'm able to continue on to BP2. Now I've run into another problem. After I destroy the two trucks with the .50cal and switch over to override the gunner to destroy the T-72, I cannot fire the main gun. After thinking about it for a sec I see why the gunner is disabled and not the gun (what would the TC shoot if the main gun is damaged). Anyway that T-72 is just sitting there and all I can do is shoot spitballs at him :)

EDIT:

I am able to continue if I go to the observer's position and let the AI do the shooting.

Hi Alan, unfortunately you have to hop into the gunnerseat for a sec to switch back to the maingun, and then go back to TC position and fire the gun.

I have been away from sbp for some time sins i bought arma 2 but the tank side of things just is nowhere as close to sbp. And when i saw you made another realistic training scenario i just couldnt resist! I like your missions the best as you seem to make missions on a regulair basis and they always seem to be well thought of and given the fullest attention. Like always i like to say keep the comming!

This forum seems to have a lack of feedback at the moment. However it seems that when i try to take over command when i need to take out the t-72 and the gunner is down i am unable to fire for some reason. I tried this in the tutorials but it works there so it must be something in the mission design.

This forum seems to have a lack of feedback at the moment. However it seems that when i try to take over command when i need to take out the t-72 and the gunner is down i am unable to fire for some reason. I tried this in the tutorials but it works there so it must be something in the mission design.

After taking out the trucks, you have to jump into the gunners seat and select the main gun then jump into the TC position and take command of the the weapon. I usually only get ONE shot. After that the TC just yells "FIRE" at the disabled gunner.

You have to read the briefing closely - after the trucks are down you might need to hop back to the gunnerseat for a sec to switch back to main gun (remember your gunner is dead at this point so he cant do that)