Noob Night?

Toyguy

Thought I'd float this out there and see what comes of it. :)

I've been playing in the Friday night sessions, as well as last weekend's Long Night of Tanks, but those large scale engagements are kind of overwhelming for a new player, or at least for this one! So I got to wondering if there's any interest in having something like a weekly noob night?

Run smaller scenarios, maybe only a few players, that sorta thing. Now don't get me wrong - everyone's been very helpful, welcoming and understanding on Friday night and Saturday. It's just taking me a while to get to grips with this thing :)

I'm willing to try hosting and see if I have sufficient bandwidth to do it successfully, and if others want to try their hand at hosting too, that would be great. If you think you'd be interested in such a thing, drop a reply here, maybe suggest a good day and time, and we'll see what happens...

Dave

Tuesday night tanks has been an attempt to do just this. It is (usually) a co-op with around 8 players. As is often the case in a small community like this one, participation tends to lag during nice weather, and pick up during the winter months, and participation has been spotty at best. Im not sure who is organizing it at this point. Tacbat seemed to be running things for a while but he will be away on business for a while so someone will have to pick up the slack.

However there isnt anything stopping you from organizing your own event, with your own format, at a time of your choosing. This is how TGIF got started. Contrary to belief of some uninformed individuals, all events have always been organized by community members, not Esim. You could step up and revive TNT or start your own event. Who knows? It may become the next great game night that revives interest in SB ProPE. The hardest part of doing it (and its not really that hard) is having an appropriate scenario ready by game time, and keep real life from interfering from someone being around to host. So, I say, go ahead and give it a go.

Mog

I had no idea there was a Tuesday night session at all :)

Since I'm a bit slow on the uptake for tonight, let's plan something for next Tuesday. I'm partial to 9 or 10 Eastern time, but if anyone has a time suggestion just toss it out there.

I'm in,

Most nights are good actually, I'd like to try me hand at hosting as well. I've been workin a small scenario that may be some fun.

Thank you again Mog for helping with the and/and/and not -or- thing!

Was clear as day after you explained it.

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly the big step for me to take as well.

I've been wanting to join MP ever since I got SB, but I always felt I wasn't up to it.

I have no military background and all info I know comes from sources like books, hearsay and the internet.

I would consider myself a burden to the vets, especially on a big operation... It would really help me getting into multiplayer SB if I could enter in a contained area with a few other noobs getting instruction if you will.