SB Basic Training

MarkShot

I am not totally new to SB (played some SB1) and/or ground combat concepts. At the moment, I am just focusing on the M1A1.

In any case, beyond the tutorials might someone recommend some basic missions (M1A1) to work on so can I get myself up to speed. These can be either SB1 or SBPPE as I have both installed.

Thank you.

The woods seem to behave very differently. In SB1, your vision was very obscured in the woods. Here it seems to give you good cover, but you can shoot between the trees very nicely.

Are there different density of woods modeled in SBPPE?

Also, in SB1 driving would automatically avoid objects, but now only routes/waypoints seem to get that behavior.

All SB1 missions can be converted so long as they are not password protected by their designers. Maps may need updating with bridge placement, etc. Scoring will need to be redone as well.

With regard to the density of foliage; experiment with the map editor. From the map editor, you can edit the themes, which allows you to vary the density of foliage, among other things.

I was playing Tanks in SBPPE and doing very nicely mind you. Sniping through the trees is deadly effective. Peek-a-boo. And then the most annoying thing happened. Last heat! Last sabot! You know, throwing rocks at an AFV simply won't cut it. Arghh!!! It was about to be my first SBPPE glorious moment.

Spoiled!!!

Allthough its more advanced training its also important you can handle your tank when certain systems have broken down or are destroyed and you are forced to use subsystems. I made such scenarios a long time ago. You might want to give it a try since i,ve had a couple of occasions where it saved my virtual life on the battlefield bacause i new how to react and what to do.

For the M1A1

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/267/p13_fileid/1430

For the Leo2a5 / strv122

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/267/p13_fileid/1431

• Moderators
I am not totally new to SB (played some SB1) and/or ground combat concepts. At the moment, I am just focusing on the M1A1.

In any case, beyond the tutorials might someone recommend some basic missions (M1A1) to work on so can I get myself up to speed. These can be either SB1 or SBPPE as I have both installed.

Thank you.

Now do you mean some tutorials that help with the basic operation of the tank? Or tactical tutorials? If the former, then go here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/M1A1_%28HA%29

• 5 weeks later...
I was playing Tanks in SBPPE and doing very nicely mind you. Sniping through the trees is deadly effective. Peek-a-boo. And then the most annoying thing happened. Last heat! Last sabot! You know, throwing rocks at an AFV simply won't cut it. Arghh!!! It was about to be my first SBPPE glorious moment.

Spoiled!!!

Did you know, in Pro PE you can have more ammo brought up from storage in the hull to the ready rack in the turret? To reload your main ammo (KE) press shift + num 0, secondary (HE) is shift + num del, third is shift + num 7, fourth is shift + num 1, to reload the MG press shift + m, and to reload everything press shift + num 3.

Did you know, in Pro PE you can have more ammo brought up from storage in the hull to the ready rack in the turret? To reload your main ammo (KE) press shift + num 0, secondary (HE) is shift + num del, third is shift + num 7, fourth is shift + num 1, to reload the MG press shift + m, and to reload everything press shift + num 3.

And of course fairly soon after doing that you probably need to remember where your friendly neighbourhood echelon guys are lurking.