Route embarkation logic

Toyguy

I sort of understand the Embark If... logic, but maybe I am missing something obvious or I'm just not creative enough :D

I have a waypoint with 2 routes emanating from it. I want a particular company of units to follow the same route, whichever one they happen to select. I understand using the X variables and the identical quartile settings but it seems like the Embark If doesn't have enough logic to account for a 4-unit company.

What I have done is use the first AND condition for 0 <= X1 < 50 and a second AND for This unit is co/C. With the provided radio buttons, it looks like the most I could do would be 2 more ORs for 2/C and 3/C, leaving 4/C unaccounted for.

There must be a better way of doing this, I am guessing. Thoughts...?

DUH - never mind.

Never occurred to me that first AND in the white box could be toggled to OR. :confused:

That's done the trick I think - need to test but I believe it should work. It's basically doing:

If This Unit is co/C OR 2/C OR 3/C OR 4/C AND 0 <= X1 < 50, then embark, otherwise take the other one.

Thanks Gary.

I think I've got a handle on all that. In the C Company example, you were obligated to use two conditional routes because the company was greater than the number of logical statements you could use, is that correct?

I think that's how I'll have to solve my problem. I have a 4 unit company that I want to all take one of 2 routes, based on the value of X1. As it is right now, 1 of them occasionally ends up in Never Never Land and I think now, after your examples, that it's because I cannot get this with the logic system:

If Unit is co/C AND X1 <50 OR

If Unit is 2/C AND X1 <50 OR

If Unit is 3/C AND X1 <50 OR

If Unit is 4/C AND X1 <50

Then Embark

What I actually get is:

If Unit is co/C OR

If Unit is 2/C AND X1 <50

OR If Unit is 3/C AND X1 <50

OR If Unit is 4/C AND X1 <50

Then Embark

The first checkbox doesn't have a nested AND and I think that's what's breaking it. The co/C sometimes goes the wrong way. Time to get creative.

I think maybe one more set of {OR AND} pairs would be a nice addition to the system, or maybe an option to have the company vehicles follow the commander. Hmmm, maybe I can do something like that with an event...

Dave

Dave,

I think that you understand precisely how the thing works. You're describing what you want to do and are describing how the thing limits you.

Using the first route chain in my exemplar as an illustration:

route-logic.jpg

You can see that I've split your desired logical operation,

If Unit is co/C AND X1 <50 OR

If Unit is 2/C AND X1 <50 OR

If Unit is 3/C AND X1 <50 OR

If Unit is 4/C AND X1 <50

Then Embark,

into two separate smaller operations.

Because you can drag and move waypoints (here, for example, dragging waypoint 2 so that it is almost or completely on top of waypoint 1), you can 'stack' as many operations on top of each other as is necessary.