Confused about arty?

MarkShot

Well, it seems that arty is one of the big areas of change from SB1.

So, I am working through the arty tutorial for the M1A1. I know what TRPs are from having played CM.

The one option I don't really understand (and I have checked the manual) is Method of Control = At My Command. After issuing such a fire request, then how do I give the command to the battery to open up? That does not seem covered.

Also, while we are on it, what is the difference between this and supression fire which the manual says is virtually immediate? Is at my command more accurate since it is not rushed?

Thanks.

From the support menu you get a list of current/recent fire missions. The 'At My Command' Missions can be fired from the context sensitive menu, and completed fire missions can be repeated (on the same coordinates) or adjusted (on nearby coordinates) with minimal delay.

You need to be in a TC spot or Observer mode to access the support menu items - they are not present from Gunner or Driver spots.

Beware of having too many stored targets, they can interfere with new calls for fire (and ISTR that At-My-Command tubes are unavailable for alternative fire missions until after completion anyway).