Editing 'Instant Action' scen

Scrapper_511

Is it at all possible to edit the Instant Action scenario? I have all this built up angst from not being able to last past 10 kills, that what-if situations are starting to flood my mind. Such as, what if I had seventy prepared positions occupied by Abrams. Yeah, something like that! :biggrin:

Thought I'd ask before I start editing mine own.

I've been browsing these forums with frequency lately, and I do not recall this topic being discussed, so I figured it was harmless to ask. I did use the 'search' function. I always do before asking. Perhaps, I performed the search wrong, whatever the case, I obviously did not find my answer. I will try again. Thanks for your help.

Hi, ashdivay. Getting 59 kills is awesome. I really should use arty and smoke to my benefit, rather than playing this scenario as a straight arcade shoot 'em up. Actually, I've achieved seventy plus kills a couple of times, but that's few and far between. I asked the topic at hand purely for more instant gratuity. I really should focus more on creating my own scenarios. Ah, but where do I find time? Thanks for replying.

I suppose its easier to waste your time by posting a reply saying use the f*cking search button then to actually offer a useful answer. There has already been one post where a member told another to use the search function and it broke down into a brawl over how helpful that suggestion was. I would ask that these types of replies be limited to prevent further problems, and I would further ask that members do in fact try to find the answers themselves by reading and searching the forums and the wiki for the answers as he said he did. There are few questions that haven't already been asked and answered. If you have knowledge in an area, how about adding it to the SB wiki, so others may share in it.

I used the search function and found what I think may be the answer on the 5th of 20 pages of results. The results had post ranging from Teamspeak to Black Shark. Is it any wonder that a new member may have trouble finding the answer they seek?

I think Ssnakes repliy in this post may help. It discusses where IA scenarios must be stored. It isn't the default location. http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=6780&highlight=instant+action

Mog

Thanks for having my back, Mogwa.

I already found that same thread you provided but it took me several passes to actually comprehend its contents. I'm starting to get a grasp. Thanks for the reply and hooking it up with a link, it came in handy anyway.

Thanks everyone, for taking the time to help as I reached out...

Still haven't figured it out. I've read the related thread over and over but some areas remain vague. For instance, what do I do with the original file? Where do I save it and under what name? How do I get the map from the instant action scenario?

Can somebody just please lay out the steps for me, please!??? All I want is to maybe remove the minefield around my tank, use better Sabot rounds, and maybe add a few more blue units, all the while using the same map!

Don't worry about some of these guys. If their skin was any thinner they would have a reservoir tip. Honestly, I cant help you. I tried to do it a long time ago but I couldn't make it work. Perhaps you'll have better luck. Anyway here is what I tried tonight:

Open the folderC:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\scenarios\z_Reseved\InstAct and select and copy (Ctrl-C) the file M1A1.sce.

Paste this in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\scenarios\Single

Open the mission editor and open the file M1A1 under the single sce section.

The problem is at this point, in ver 2.483, it asked me for the blue and red password which I do not know. To me, this tells me that someone doesnt want me messing around with that sce, so I guess I'm out of luck. Perhaps someone can send you a version without a password.

Have you tried downloading the zip of the sce in this thread: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=95889&postcount=12 and opening it in the sce editor and changing the leo to M-1s and make any other changes you need to, then saving as a new name in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\scenarios\z_Reseved\InstAct folder? That may work, though I havent tried it.

Sorry I cant be much more help.

Mog

I suppose its easier to waste your time by posting a reply saying use the f*cking search button then to actually offer a useful answer.

It is, but I also mentioned that the info was there to be found. I had hoped by taking this approach that the value and usefulness of the search function would become evident. Had the thread I was referring too not been found, I would have certainly posted a link to it. Just trying the "Give a fish, teach a man to fish" approach, as this isn't an isolated occurance. :)

I should also mention that using the "Advanced" Search function under the Search drop down menu will usually give you better results when you look for keywords in the titles only.