MW2 - gone too far?

daskal

Well,its contraversial,its got press coverage,in UK there were MP's complaining about it.The Marketing Dept of the game developers must be loving all that free Advertising!If its too strong then the game will get pulled,but to be honest id be suprised if they havent already made a huge profit.

• Moderators

I don't see what the big deal is. All the complaining, especially by the media, is just silly. Not only does it ask you if you want to skip that level (twice, once in the beginning of the game and when you actually get to the level itself), but I did not skip the level and just walked through it without killing anyone. Of course the first time I played through the level I was upset at what was happening and turned and shot and killed a couple of the terrorists that were doing the shooting, before they called me at traitor and shot me. After that, I just followed them through it, walking behind them.

In case anyone has not played CoD:MW2, the reason the massacre level is in the game is because you infiltrate a terrorist group and have to participate in this with them to gain their trust -- or something like that. Just because you play the level does not mean you are forced to kill any digital civilians... its the person that completes the experience. If you are shooting and killing the innocent digital fake humans, then one of two things is true: A) there is something you should be concerned with within yourself OR B) you have a total emotional disconnect with games. Maybe they are tracking who does and does not do the shooting in that level? ;)

I played that mission in MW2 and it did not seem like a big deal, plenty of games have you killing people be it on the side of good or bad. I think that this mission was more to drum up controversy and in turn sell more copies. Overall the mission was pretty lame, you just run through a shooting gallery and can kill or not. The whole storyline seemed too disjointed overall to really leave a lasting impact on me.

Seconded. The whole game is so short, and the story so disjointed and frankly lame, that it was a bit of a yawn fest. The airport level is pretty ridiculous, you just wander around like it's a shooting gallery. Lame, and quite clearly done to draw some controversy.

I played it and didn't have a problem with it... like someone else posted above, I didn't shoot any civilians myself, I just followed the group. Still they claim it was needed for the story, I think better creative writing would of got the message across just the same, so... IMO, didn't really think that mission was necessary.

What is funny, well maybe not funny, but ironic... you can just follow in that mission without shooting any civilians, but you still HAVE to shoot about 50 responding cops... I guess it's OK to shoot the cops, just not the civilians.

Don't let Jeff fool you. Act'n like he is so cool. Ghey I say. Only hardcore sims for him becuse he is so sophisticated... He's a big boy. Who also plays eve...

There is plenty of ghey crap on consoles, fact. But there are some real dimonds mixed in there. Games like, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Fallout3, Forza... Those are all time classics. And if you missed out on them becuse you sold if all off as junk... well, you lose.

And if you didn't get "Hello kitty: Island adventure" for the xbox you missed out. I saved the Moma cat and kittens from the giant butterfly. And it was scary, but I did it. And it was fun damn it!